Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton have the lowest wage bill in the Premier League

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Given that only four EPL clubs have published their financial results for last season, the article is best filed under ‘guesswork’ or even ‘bollocks’.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You would expect promoted clubs to have a lower wage structure.

Whats funny is the amount West ham and Everton have spunked up the wall.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Given that only four EPL clubs have published their financial results for last season, the article is best filed under ‘guesswork’ or even ‘bollocks’.

It says last available figures, so apples n pears. Unless Palace had a bundle left over from their stone cladding to spend on non scoring strikers its pretty close.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just shows how far we’ve overachieved and ran this club properly as opposed to a club like franchise 2010 who are bottom but have a disgusting wage bill, partly paid for by St Johns Ambulance :(

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Completed guessed figures for the Albion.

The only available figures in terms of aggregate payroll costs, are from two seasons ago - for the year to 30 June 16, the gross wages cost for 270 staff and directors was £24m.

The magazine/website wins an award for fiction.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Rafa has come out and said they can’t compete with us on wages.. who the hell is he trying to kid?

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Rafa has come out and said they can’t compete with us on wages.. who the hell is he trying to kid?

I thought that was a bit weird too. Why would he say that? Can it possibly be true?? And if so, what on earth have they been spending all their cash on??? Although it's early days yet to be pushing the panic button, Rafa did seem just a little twitchy in that interview. Maybe just having an early, casual look around for any likely straws to clutch at.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here