Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Katie Hopkins in Lewes

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
yes i do , absolutely , im afraid im in the "fit in or f*ck off camp, if its not to his liking here , he can go home , job done.

Have to agree with you. If the UK is not to his liking, then he can return whence he came.

As for Katie Hopkins, if you don't like what she has to say, then don't read what she writes or listen to what she says. She has an absolute right to voice her opinions. No one has to pay any attention to them.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Personally, I m pretty ambivalent to Ms Hopkins, yes, i think shes a waste of skin , and yes i find the majority of her views and beliefs abhorrent, but, I think this kind of controversy is just whwt she wants, no, needs, to keep her in the public eye, and keep her paymasters on the alt right shelling out to have their rather unedifying views given the oxygen of publicity.
The best way to combat the likes of Ms Hopkins is to totally ignore her.
As an aside, she did make me laugh when she slagged of the Beckhams for calling their son after a place, (Brooklyn) and it then emerged she had called her Daughter, India. Not the sharpest tool in the shed, i imagine.

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
Its MY country , or.are.you deliberaty choosing to ignore tbe fact ?now if.i CHOSE to go to Kenya and started complaining.....

Few things;
You never mentioned before that his nationality was a factor, you agreed that "regardless of whatever his circumstances were or are, he should just stop complaining about things that bother him?" So it doesn't matter where he's from, or what he does, or anything,(his circumstances) he should stop complaining. If you insist someone shouldn't complain, regardless of circumstance, then you should hold yourself to that same standard, otherwise you're a hypocrite.

Why is it your country? More so than say, mine?

I don't think coming to Britain was this chaps major motivation, sounds like it was more about getting away from Kenya.

Do you think putting things in capslock makes them more true, or convincing?

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
Have to agree with you. If the UK is not to his liking, then he can return whence he came.

As for Katie Hopkins, if you don't like what she has to say, then don't read what she writes or listen to what she says. She has an absolute right to voice her opinions. No one has to pay any attention to them.

Do you feel the same about someone like Abu Hamza?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Few things;
You never mentioned before that his nationality was a factor, you agreed that "regardless of whatever his circumstances were or are, he should just stop complaining about things that bother him?" So it doesn't matter where he's from, or what he does, or anything,(his circumstances) he should stop complaining. If you insist someone shouldn't complain, regardless of circumstance, then you should hold yourself to that same standard, otherwise you're a hypocrite.

I don't think coming to Britain was this chaps major motivation, sounds like it was more about getting away from Kenya.

Everything about my post screamed that his nationality was a factor ,what part of "pitched up here from kenya" "hasnt stopped whining about racism since he got here " , or i am in the "fit in or f*ck off camp" did you misconstrue ? Helen bloody Keller could have seen his nationality was a factor.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
yes i do , absolutely , im afraid im in the "fit in or f*ck off camp, if its not to his liking here , he can go home , job done.

So as Katie Hopkins isn't from Lewes or Sussex you should have no problem with people telling her to F off?

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
Everything about my post screamed that his nationality was a factor ,what part of "pitched up here from kenya" "hasnt stopped whining about racism since he got here " , or i am in the "fit in or f*ck off camp" did you misconstrue ? Helen bloody Keller could have seen his nationality was a factor.

But you said regardless of his circumstances. His nationality is a facet of his circumstances and you agreed it should be disregarded.

I come back to the point; if someone leaves a country that is a shitshow and legally comes to Britain to make a better life for himself and his family, he doesn't lose his right to express his opinion, in fact it's something we hold dear. And if he's doing it peacefully rather than, say, calling for gunships to attack innocent people, I'd say he's more inkeeping with the ideals of Britain than Katie Hopkins' hateful xenophobic rhetoric.

Unfortunately for you, his opinion rankles you. Well... tough shit. Free speech and all that. If you want him to shut up, prove him wrong. Make his complaints looks foolish and unfounded. Demanding he "go home" is frankly pathetic and is simply running from a difficult conversation.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Few things;

I think you are typing shit, just saying like.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I have no time for the increasing tendency particularly on campuses to ‘no platform’ people. Let them speak, challenge what they say, demonstrate peacefully but don’t silence people just because we don’t agree with them. If they cross the line to inciting violence and action against specific groups there are laws that can deal with it and I would include marches aimed at intimidating certain communities in the this category.

No-one has a right not to be offended but we all have a right not to fear for our safety because of who we are.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The "it's MY country" argument - did you CHOOSE to be born here? Such a meaningless point.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Some vile tweets from her about Cheggers, there really is something wrong with the women

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
The "it's MY country" argument - did you CHOOSE to be born here? Such a meaningless point.

No i didnt choose to be born here but i was , making it MY country.what .part of that doesnt register with you ?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Some vile tweets from her about Cheggers, there really is something wrong with the women

I've just seen it as a result of this post and the only thing that's funny about it is how her dying career is forcing her to make more desperate attempts for the limelight.

You'd think that once these professional trolls made their money, they'd **** off and enjoy the lucre rather than masochistically get off on being hated. It's perverse.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

The turning up at the Conservative Party Conference in a wedding dress stunt seemed to suggest she was losing it some what. Not that she ever had it, but you know what I mean.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No i didnt choose to be born here but i was , making it MY country.what .part of that doesnt register with you ?

So even though you acknowledge it was pure LUCK, that makes you deserve more than someone not LUCKY enough to be born here?...

Jan 10, 2014
So even though you acknowledge it was pure LUCK, that makes you deserve more than someone not LUCKY enough to be born here?...

The modern day hippy view, equivalent of people on the south coast waving white flags at Germans looking through their binoculars in Calais 1940.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Is it down to luck that one is born in a particular country? Surely there are two things involved here. The place where one's parents are from and the place they happen to be in at the time of birth. Those involve the history of a family and the choices of the parents. Nothing lucky about that in my book.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here