Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Katie Hopkins in Lewes

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Quote from Not Andy Taylor, 'Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but what do people think about Katie Hopkins being prevented from speaking in Lewes on Saturday evening?'

She should be banned from speaking everywhere.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Useless PC leftie bleeding heart liberals being oh so faux outraged by a racist, facist, bigoted little ex Daily Mail columnist, sad and pathetic isn't it?

Well, no it isn't. The protestors and offended types are actually denying the right of free speech to others. They are using bully boy tactics to ensure that no views other than those they approve of are shared or discussed. These are the tactics of a totalitarian culture that seeks to impose its will upon others without recourse to law. We ignore this culture at our peril, something very similar led to the rise of Hitler.

Maybe the modern version of Nazism is Momentum?
Absolutely and it's exactly the same with universities who only allow lefty propaganda on campus and anything close to being RIGHT is banned.

Very sad indeed

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
“It's such a pleasure to be amongst people that are prepared to fight for their country,” Ms Hopkins said, before telling the cheering audience it was “our time”.

“We can commit to arm ourselves, not just with the help of the NRA,” she added. “Get furious and fight back.”

The speech, made in Florida earlier this month, went on to claim areas of Britain were controlled by a “Muslim mafia” and allege that there was “institutionalised discrimination against whites” in the UK.

Ms Hopkins railed against “Muslim men” and the “Muslim mayor of Londonistan”, referring to Sadiq Khan, who she claimed she “cannot stand”.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/m...a-david-horowitz-freedom-center-a8078356.html

The state of her. Oh well, out of another job.

Jan 30, 2008
“It's such a pleasure to be amongst people that are prepared to fight for their country,” Ms Hopkins said, before telling the cheering audience it was “our time”.

“We can commit to arm ourselves, not just with the help of the NRA,” she added. “Get furious and fight back.”

The speech, made in Florida earlier this month, went on to claim areas of Britain were controlled by a “Muslim mafia” and allege that there was “institutionalised discrimination against whites” in the UK.

Ms Hopkins railed against “Muslim men” and the “Muslim mayor of Londonistan”, referring to Sadiq Khan, who she claimed she “cannot stand”.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/m...a-david-horowitz-freedom-center-a8078356.html

The state of her. Oh well, out of another job.
she's entitled to her opinion just like you are , what's your problem with that???
regards
DR

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
I am getting worried about our country , there is no longer free speech , you can’t say what you reall y think , you are told what to think , if you do a bunch of left wing protesters turn up , rather than break up the protest the police will cancel the event , as it is easier for them .
This country will soon be like an One party state ,
As for the police any smell of trouble , either the event is banned , or pubs shut , they are only interested in speeding fines

Sadly true .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Absolutely and it's exactly the same with universities who only allow lefty propaganda on campus and anything close to being RIGHT is banned.

Very sad indeed

It has taken a thousand years and an ice age (mini) but finally you have written something with which I agree. Sort of.

The 'no platforming' has been embarrassing since I was a student (1970s) and probably earlier. The NUS was then all overrun by agit prop hippies (mostly trustafarians at my college, where 99% of students had been privately educated). They let Tariq Ali speak but banned Eysenck. A pair of deluded liars, but from apparently different ends of the political spectrum. That's not right.

The 'however', however, is this. Whilst I have no problem with someone expressing their views, sincerely held, I see no point in giving a platform to a proven liar. I also find it odd that if someone demanded a platform to present their views on the shape of the earth, which they claim is flat, maybe they would get a platform, but who would turn up to listen? If I demanded a platform to promote my idea that the planet is being secretly run by a jelly monster, would I get one? Would I find a sponsor to pay for the room booking (Robinson's anyone?). The answer is no. I would not get on the telly, or find my plight discussed on NSC owing to the 'outrageous' censorship and 'double standards' either.

So under what circumstances would it be the case that there were sufficient numbers of potential audience members willing to pay to hire a room so someone could stand up and spout lies? I guess the answer is when there are sufficient numbers of people who want to promote such lies. My feeling is if they want to pay to book a room then let them. I completely disagree with Margaret Thatcher and her view that we must not give 'the oxygen of publicity' to those with odious views. Let them speak, and let them burn when the oxygen ignites.

On the other hand (and I am not necessarily making direct reference to the present case), a building owned by tax payers should not be offering free or subsidised hospitality to someone pedaling lies. Among such liars, I am inclined to include anyone promoting any political ideology. Back in the day, seeing my college subsidise a venue so 20 long haired tossers could listen to Tariq Ali back in his M-L pomp was an outrage. Today having a proven liar like Hopkins given hospitality that in any way is derived from the public purse (tax, university?) is equally obscene.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't have any problems with people expressing opinions, but when they are peddling blatant LIES (many of which people take at face value and believe), then I think you need to call out the liar. Hopkins has plenty of previous for this – starts with an opinion, then she gets herself worked up and ends up spouting BS related to whatever she started banging on about.

Maybe she actually believes the mistruths she is saying/writing – I don't know – but the fact that she has to issue apologies makes this more than just denying people their freedom of speech. It's speaking up when people are trying to cover the wool over our eyes, or just saying something that is blatantly untrue, but is suits their agenda.

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
I often wonder why those that lean right on the political spectrum use more declarative statements, hyperbole, capslock and exclamation points than those that lean left?

Also, they seem to be big fans of childish nicknames and portmanteaus. Cucks, Snowflakes, Sheeple, Libtards, Remoaners...

Curious, no?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
She would have been second fiddle as DFL, Diversity for Lewes, were attempting to ban a Zulu troupe from taking part in the celebrations.

one of the main players in diversity for lewes is a bloke who pitched up from kenya about 8 years ago , he hasnt stopped whining about racism since he turned up , i do wonder why hes here since he seems so unhappy with the state of affairs , the less charitable side of me would think his anti racism stance is a bit of a "career" for him and revels in being patronised by middle class white people.

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
one of the main players in diversity for lewes is a bloke who pitched up from kenya about 8 years ago , he hasnt stopped whining about racism since he turned up , i do wonder why hes here since he seems so unhappy with the state of affairs , the less charitable side of me would think his anti racism stance is a bit of a "career" for him and revels in being patronised by middle class white people.

You think that regardless of whatever his circumstances were or are, he should just stop complaining about things that bother him?

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
I often wonder why those that lean right on the political spectrum use more declarative statements, hyperbole, capslock and exclamation points than those that lean left?

Also, they seem to be big fans of childish nicknames and portmanteaus. Cucks, Snowflakes, Sheeple, Libtards,

Curious, no?

True but you could say that some on the left like to call anyone on the right racist and fascist at any opportunity. Those nicknames were are also a backlash against the safe space no platform culture of the student left.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You think that regardless of whatever his circumstances were or are, he should just stop complaining about things that bother him?

yes i do , absolutely , im afraid im in the "fit in or f*ck off camp, if its not to his liking here , he can go home , job done.

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
True but you could say that some on the left like to call anyone on the right racist and fascist at any opportunity. Those nicknames were are also a backlash against the safe space no platform culture of the student left.
I think fascism is the extreme of the right wing, and were right leaning people calling left leaners "Commies" I'd get it. But the right seem to use fairly childish names, in an attempt (I assume) to make their targets seem childish? Back fires if you ask me.

Also, when the self styled "Alt-Right" wear swastikas, chant phrases linked to Nazis and espouse policies made famous by the most famous fascists of them all, it kind of makes sense to call them Nazis and Fascists.
yes i do , absolutely , im afraid im in the "fit in or f*ck off camp, if its not to his liking here , he can go home , job done.

Ok, cool, then stop complaining about things that bother you. What's good for the goose, and all that.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I think fascism is the extreme of the right wing, and were right leaning people calling left leaners "Commies" I'd get it. But the right seem to use fairly childish names, in an attempt (I assume) to make their targets seem childish? Back fires if you ask me.

Ok, cool, then stop complaining about things that bother you. What's good for the goose, and all that.

Its MY country , or.are.you deliberaty choosing to ignore tbe fact ?now if.i CHOSE to go to Kenya and started complaining.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here