Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Theatre of Dreams - How was it for you?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
X9svTXx.gif

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
An old fashioned stadium with poor acoustics. We were lucky enough to get free tickets but amongst Utd fans. We were up in the gods but the section below us, sang throughout the game.
I was trying to work out what their words to Nick Nack paddywack were (not to join in!) as it wasn't about City or any rivals.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Love the history behind it. Disappointing effort by the home fans.

Spent time looking at the Munich bits...... so sad.

Of course our performance put a gloss on the whole day, if we had lost 5-0, it may well have been a sh!thole with plastic seats......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I hope we can turn in other performaces like that, but come away with points. I would have loved for us to have scored lets hope we play with same spirt, focus and drive on Tuesday.

Good view, wet, 72,000 pretty silent people, only got roused when Knockhaert went down. Ref bullied in second half by players and setting.

Blatter

Feb 27, 2012
Our on-pitch performance was great. Our fans sang the whole game, unlike the home contingent, who we only heard once they'd scored.

Away concourse was cramped, as were the seats, but their Man United pies were great. Real meat and chillies!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
In a pub before the game, an even grander spectacle of nature than our murmurations of Starlings over the West Pier.
A comb-over of Bobby Charltons!

Attachments

• Combover NSC.JPG
    Combover NSC.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 351

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
I was lucky enough to be entertained buy a supplier.I was also lucky enough that he let me bring 2 Albion supporting mates. I agree that the atmosphere as more akin to a real football ground after having done Arse and Ammers this season. The opposition supporters I encountered were fair and full of praise for us. I even beat some of them back to Glawstershire.
Very proud of the performance. Jammy effing bar stewards.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
As someone whose earliest memories of football were based on MOTD in the 1960s I did want to see OT because George Best and Bobby Charlton were two of the best players ever to grace an English football field and this generated real passion among real fans. The new OT and the way it works is very different to the rawness of that era and football has lost out because of it. The place was generally souless, there was some 'interaction' with some fans close by where I stood but really nothing much. I hoped to be drowned by a constant barrage of 'united' but they were very quiet. Some pockets of noise but not a lot.

I am so glad to be a supporter of a club where the fans feel part of it, the ground is big enough to generate a real atmosphere. I just hope we don't turn into this.

Beer was expensive in the ground, the pie average and also pricey. Walking around the outside was like going to any tourist attraction in London and that (plus the result) really took the shine of the day.

I had an interesting walk back to Woodingdean from the AMEX at one o clock in the morning, absolutely clear sky and shooting stars ...

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
In a pub before the game, an even grander spectacle of nature than our murmurations of Starlings over the West Pier.
A comb-over of Bobby Charltons!

I was in the Craftbrew before the game, and remember saying to my mate, "Is that Bobby Charlton"?

Enjoyed Old Trafford, as the time I went in 92, the Stretford End was being re built, so good to see it complete.

I think OT looked more impressive as it got dark.

But overall, I loved the feeling of seeing the Albion play there , in a normal league game. Not a cup game when we arrive as plucky underdogs.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I imagine [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] got to the ground early so he could spend time in the superstore before taking his seat and perusing each and every page of the glossy matchday magazine.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
It was a dream to see BHA playing PL football at the Theater of Dreams and it arrived at 3pm on a Saturday. Forget getting up at 5 am or getting home at 1 am, forget the half pints, forget the half/half scarfs and all the tourists (added to by 3000 southerners all with cameras) and forget we were meant to bow down and respect the mighty United and let them score six.
These big clubs know how to manage hospitality. But I felt at home at Old Trafford. Unlike West Ham, Arsenal and I expect Man City or Wembley, Man Utd have history and the ground felt like history. Made to feel welcome by everyone there.
In the same way that Brighton have history but a new ground, United still have Old Trafford and most of the old walls. I'm expecting Liverpool to be the same.
One thing that will stick in my mind. Service station (M6 toll road) 75 miles from OT when SIX coaches of United fans turn up. Do any fans live in Manchester?
Arsenal don’t have history ?Really ? I despise Arsenal but to say they don’t have ‘history’ shows a startling lack of knowledge

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
It wasn't as spectacular as I thought it would be, I was sitting with the home fans with my Man U supporting husband, they were very quiet until the Knockaert incident. It was so funny listening to them moaning [emoji28]
Shame the weather was terrible.
The hotel (Victoria Warehouse) where we stayed was great.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Been there every decade since the 70`s.
Used to be a really loud special intimidating atmosphere and felt you were going to a proper football match, feels like one big armchair now.

First time, ive been there in the disabled section, compared to other grounds was disappointed.

theboybilly

After emailing Julie in United's Customer Service Dept on Friday asking about the rules on taking a phone charger in to the ground I contacted her after the game to say how well I was treated by United staff before, during and after the game. They were a credit to the club and made everything easier for this old, decrepit body of mine. I did mention that the legroom, especially in the front row where I was seated, was unacceptable in a modern stadium. If it was similar in the Home sections I would not buy a ST there. She replied to my email this morning and mentioned that all the talk in her office was how well Albion played and how tough a game it was for their favourites

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here