Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Theatre of Dreams - How was it for you?

mjking73

Apr 17, 2013
Littlehampton
Had a free Corporate VIP package. The staff couldn't do enough for you. Tour of the old tunnel and the dugouts (managed to fart on Mourinho's seat)! The food was amazing, as was the free bar. Got some free gifts and acquired some others. Met Lee Martin (showed us the 1990 cup winner's medal)! Also spoke to Norman Whitewine, sorry Whiteside, who actually was really good. The seats we were in were great. I agree with some about it seemed smaller and enclosed, and the home "support" was pretty poor, with our fans making far the most noise.

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
So having played at the library,taxpayers and OT,OUR home support is loud ,well played lads big effort tomorrow.3 points

Up in the top tier of the Stretford End, the view is fantastic but vertigo inducing.
I was definitely in a singing section because they never shut up and when AK went down and it got a bit 'argy' the quick repeat of 'United,United' was ****ing scary !!!
I went with a United mate who took me to the Wetherspoons near the ground who's name I can't remember, (the something Blaise) ? and Ive got to say Ive never seen anything like it.
Packed like sardines, 400 of them, drinking cans of Stella they never stopped singing. No exceptions (apart from me) all being led by the legend Pete Boyle (http://peteboyle.co.uk ) stood on a stall, punching the ceiling, conducting his choir like a rabid dog.
We got there at 12.30 and it was packed , and already really noisy, but it was another level after he turned up. Bloody brilliant actually and Im glad to have seen it.
Saw all the Munich 58 stuff which was really moving and had a few good chats with some locals.
A great view, a great day and a great performance from the lads.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Our on-pitch performance was great. Our fans sang the whole game, unlike the home contingent, who we only heard once they'd scored.

Away concourse was cramped, as were the seats, but their Man United pies were great. Real meat and chillies!

Were they reheated or did they finish cooking them at Old Trafford?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
For those who complain about our fans leaving early, at 82 minutes, nearly half the Utd fans left.
I desperately wanted us to equalise, not just for the point but to serve them right.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Great day, drove up and went to Media City, arrived early and went to Imperial War Museum & Lowry Gallery. Found a great pub, Dockyard, for a few drinks (wife hassled a Corrie Street actor for a selfie) and then a stroll to the ground along the Sir Alex Ferguson Way. Inside of the ground seemed a lot smaller than I imagined, although this was matched by the cramped concourse, contrast to the giant steps which needed to be negotiated to get to the seats. Great atmosphere in our end and eerily quite from home fans. Apart from the West Ham game the best away noise and atmosphere. Great sense of pride in the players performance. Even getting soaked after the game didn't dampen the spirits.
Great city Manchester and nice people.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here