Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you take a guaranteed point against Palace right now?

Would you take a guaranteed point against Palace right now?

• Yes, a point would do me just fine

Votes: 58 21.9%
  • No, shit or bust

Votes: 207 78.1%

• Total voters

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
No, we want a win.

As for Palace forgetting how to log into Nsc, surely that could happen in any case.

SE20 has remembered, or, they won yesterday, so, him and his ilk aren't as embarrassed by the crap they support as they have been previously.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I would take the draw and I think CH would too. IMO we really could have done a lot more to go for the wins against Southampton and Stoke do I can't see CH going for it now.

If Palace didn't win on Saturday I think I would have said go for the win but now, I don't know if my mind could take seeing them move off the bottom and possibly out of the relegation zone by beating us at home [emoji53]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't think some people understood the question.

I'm not suggesting we don't want to win (of course we do) or that we can't win (of course we can) but it's hypothetical.

It's asking if you would swap the fear of losing to them, and all it would mean, for a certain point now. It leaves them adrift, us nicely mid-table and we move on to other matters without having them repeatedly chirping up about how they beat us at the Amex. Again.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I'm not suggesting we don't want to win (of course we do) or that we can't win (of course we can) but it's hypothetical.

It's asking if you would swap the fear of losing to them, and all it would mean, for a certain point now. It leaves them adrift, us nicely mid-table and we move on to other matters without having them repeatedly chirping up about how they beat us at the Amex. Again.

If you want to change the question, you'll have to message one of the Mods:cool:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I voted I would take a point

However I would be happy with 3 off them this season and of course 4 or 6 but a point at the moment I think I would take albeit reluctantly

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

The question is clear enough and the answer is no. We need the win.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Like all Albion fans of course I want us to win and win well,but I voted yes for a point as I have a funny feeling about this game. It still wont stop me having a bet with skybet and on that am going for 3-1win

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Sh1t or bust, whether home or away.

Palace have an easier run coming up, its essential their confidence is shot

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
If you take the point, tomorrow becomes meaningless, and it takes away the chance of three points. That outweighs the chance of them getting the win for me. Bring them on.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
If it was Swansea, West Brom or West Ham we were playing in a similar situation, we would expect to go for the win. We still only get three points for this game if we win it so the management and players need to treat it the same way as they would any other time we played a relegation candidate at home.

We need to take three points of the teams in our 14 club league at home, plus we've drawn too many home games we should have won already.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
We are 9th in the PL facing the bottom of the league in a local derby. Got to play to win, no settling.....

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I’ve opted to take the point. I know a draw isnt a great result against the SEshitmunchers, esp considering that’ll be 4 home draws against 4 beatable teams (Everton, Soton, Stoke, Palace).

But the reality is that we threw them away against Everton and Stoke and only have ourselves to blame.

If we lose to Palace we’re in far greater trouble with some big games against Liverpool, Tottenham, Burnley and HF away. I remember asking a while back how many points we’d expect from the next 7 (seven) games with the general consensus being 7 (seven) is an acceptable return. Lose to Palace and that will be 1 point from 3 of those games.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think there is only one in it when you look at our head to head record, and we are actually ahead. Sadly though, they always win the ones the matter. Always:

Right from the cup replay in 1974.
First game in 8 years, 0-2 in the Simod cup.
First game in 11 years, 0-5. #shudder.
First home league defeat at our new stadium, 1-3 FFS Murray.
Play off MISERY.

It's all there, we've lived through it. Our main hope is that this one is just a "run of the mill" league game. Well it is for us anyway, they're DESPERATE for the points. I voted for taking the draw, but actually I have reconsidered because I think we need to win at home again before "x games at home without a win" becomes a thing.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
I fully understand the question and voted yes.
If it was a one-off game I maybe would have thought different but its not.
There is a bigger picture here and its about us and them.
US needing Not to drop all 3 points and THEM or any team that is in the bottom 3 not getting the full house.
We do need to beat them but a loss is a disaster on both fronts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here