Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pubs closing for Palace game ?

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
OB may have info about certain pubs being targeted, as well as the few that decide to close 'just in case'. Spoons in hove was told to close for a couple of hours for the last Cardiff game at the Goldstone after we (management) caught a whiff of 'arrangements' being made between hoolies. We closed at full time and sure enough, half hour later about 200 of Cardiff's finest no-neck supporters came past growling at the empty pub. Left it for an hour and opened up again. :thumbsup:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
The interesting one will be The Monk (now The Railway) in Lancing.

Proper old school Brighton pub, with a Palace fan landlord who's apparently told Palace fans the pub will be Palace only before the game. That's what I heard through the grapevine, anyway.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston

Proper old school Brighton pub, with a Palace fan landlord who's apparently told Palace fans the pub will be Palace only before the game. That's what I heard through the grapevine, anyway.

If true, this could be fun.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

The landlord needs to find out what happened in Seaford for a Brighon v Palace game.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The landlord needs to find out what happened in Seaford for a Brighon v Palace game.

What did happen bn9 ? I know some of their lot went there but was there trouble right out there.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh for the days when Sussex finest's mounted police galloped down Goldstone Lane chasing frightened palace skins back to the station at the run! Watched that with some amusement back in the day (late 70s or early 80s).

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
What did happen bn9 ? I know some of their lot went there but was there trouble right out there.

A pub landlord in Seaford invited a coach load of Palace to his pub, he said they were family type fans, and were coming to the pub for a meal and drinks.
The police heard Palace fans were on their way to Seaford and closed every pub in town. Mr landlord wasn't mr popular with the other pub owners.

Not sure if 100% true, but I do know the pubs were definitely closed.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Do you think the inside horses are in disguise?

Yes. Yes I do.

Jan 30, 2008
A pub landlord in Seaford invited a coach load of Palace to his pub, he said they were family type fans, and were coming to the pub for a meal and drinks.
The police heard Palace fans were on their way to Seaford and closed every pub in town. Mr landlord wasn't mr popular with the other pub owners.

Not sure if 100% true, but I do know the pubs were definitely closed.

hardly a firm mate, ended up in the Dinkum in Polgate ,the rests history
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here