Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Dunk charge down the pitch

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Mentioned in other threads but I think it deserves its own thread.

This was away to Man United at Old Trafford and our centre half ran the length of the pitch and played a one two with our striker and then get a shot away. It was incredible. I loved it. That kind of play against supposedly one of the best teams in Europe must surely get an England call up. It was immense.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
yes, was marvellous, a little more confidence on shooting and that could have been goal of the season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If only he any kind of close ball control!!!!

#RarelyWrong.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He should do that every game. The opposition don’t know who is supposed to pick him up and he’ll quite often get a free passage, Stephens fills in while he does it.

I approve.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Gif worthy imo, shame about the weak shot.

dunk.gif

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Should of hit with his left foot and if he had buried it he would now be worth another £10 million on top of his £30 million price tag.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Always love it when Dunk goes off down the pitch. Think the people near my season ticket seat are bored of hearing me say it whenever he does so!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Gif worthy imo, shame about the weak shot.

dunk.gif
[MENTION=13504]miffy6[/MENTION] giffy6 you are fast becoming one of my fave posters. God that would have some goal. Who was it that was quoted sayng CBs shouldnt be doing that IIRC correctly to one of his long range passes. Dunk really has to be worth a LOT right now

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
#RarelyPositive

You must have missed the thread (and all the exclamation marks) where poor young Ben was once again embarrassed by his rarely wrong Grandad, as he repeatedly defended himself having stated Dunk's close control ain't all that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Palace fans have a thing about Dunk, don't they? Like he's not any good, a total liability and wouldn't even make their under-7 girl's B team or something.

Independent football pundits clamouring for him to be called up for England must really confuse them.

As such, I hope it was just a dress rehearsal for Tuesday night. If he can do that against the best defensive side in the Premier League (by goals against), he shouldn't have too many problems against one of the leakiest defences in English football.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Palace fans have a thing about Dunk, don't they? Like he's not any good, a total liability and wouldn't even make their under-7 girl's B team or something.

Independent football pundits clamouring for him to be called up for England must really confuse them.

As such, I hope it was just a dress rehearsal for Tuesday night. If he can do that against the best defensive side in the Premier League (by goals against), he shouldn't have too many problems against one of the leakiest defences in English football.

Be fair, at the start of the season they were gracious enough to include him on bench, but I think he was the only Albion player who would be lucky enough to get into their 18.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

Its envy thats all. They just go on abut his 2 own goals, one of which wasnt anyway. They would snap him up if they could afford him and he was available. I have him rated 40m+ right now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here