Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] My one annoyance from yesterday...

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
That REALLY aggravated me as well. The blue and white stripes should ALWAYS be the default when we're on the road and there's no clash, its our identity. But for some reason they always seem to go to the yellow even when there's no clash whatsoever. Who is it that decides this ??

In the wash :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Perhaps the team like the strip, and it could provide a psychological boost, or just that the yellow shirts need to be put on occasionally to boost sales?

There's plenty of opportunities to wear the yellow. Trips to Man City, Chelsea, Huddersfield, Leicester, Newcastle, Everton, West Brom, Palace, probably Spurs as well, thats nearly half the league. So WHY wear yellow when we don't need to. I can't believe its the team preferring it to the stripes, its not like we struggle at home in them. We wore bloody yellow at Arsenal as well, ffs. And Bournemouth I think ?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
There's plenty of opportunities to wear the yellow. Trips to Man City, Chelsea, Huddersfield, Leicester, Newcastle, Everton, West Brom, Palace, probably Spurs as well, thats nearly half the league. So WHY wear yellow when we don't need to. I can't believe its the team preferring it to the stripes, its not like we struggle at home in them. We wore bloody yellow at Arsenal as well, ffs. And Bournemouth I think ?

Yes, from a sales point of view, you are right - there are plenty of opportunities, but it could be that the team just like the colour. I don't know -just surmising. but it does seem odd.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
It may be a psychological thing as we play one way at home and another away. It’s the sort of thing a sports psychologist would encourage.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Knockaert should've picked out Murray in the first half when he got away down the right. It was a brainless smash across the box, when an ounce of composure should've seen him lay it on a plate for Murray, who was perfectly placed for a tap-in. Massive waste of a chance that was, and costly in the end.

But he does it over and over again. He just hasn't got the touch or finesse, particularly with his right foot. He cannot cross for toffee. The only ball from Knocky that works is the ball he whips in with pace with his left foot e.g at Swansea that found Murray. Most of the time he gets those wrong as well, continually over hitting the ball.
While we are on the subject of Knocky, the flouncing and diving yesterday was embarrassing. He needs to concentrate on the basics. Get rid of the ball quickly after beating the first man, stop giving the ball away so cheaply and simply stop overplaying. You cannot do it at this level. And please please cut out this play acting. It does him no favours at all.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
.........................plus playing in yellow, and not our proper colours! Blue and white stripes would hardly have been a colour clash, would they?

I really do hate the toilet colours................except against.......................that team just to the north...................oh, I get it now.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
You would hope that those “refusing to gamble” errors will have been a learning lesson to our attackers, a lesson that will have been learnt before Tuesday.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
My one annoyance from yesterday was the kit.

Even if it was for “marketing decisions” (scum) the chance to drill home our brand to a US and AUS audience with our club colours would have been a far more sensible decision. Moreover, we’ve been wanting this for decades, at times only a dream, but to finally play at Old Trafford in the top flight and see our team represent us after all this waiting for us to then wear a one time, knock off, yellow piece of tripe over the clubs identity will never be reasoned with me.

Aside from that, what a performance. Shame about the luck but can’t fault the effort. Well done.

NB I see this has been covered but wanted to air my grievances.

.........................plus playing in yellow, and not our proper colours! Blue and white stripes would hardly have been a colour clash, would they?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That REALLY aggravated me as well. The blue and white stripes should ALWAYS be the default when we're on the road and there's no clash, its our identity. But for some reason they always seem to go to the yellow even when there's no clash whatsoever. Who is it that decides this ??

My guess would be the contract with Nike requires us to use it a minimum number of times......

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
My one annoyance from yesterday was the kit.

Even if it was for “marketing decisions” (scum) the chance to drill home our brand to a US and AUS audience with our club colours would have been a far more sensible decision. Moreover, we’ve been wanting this for decades, at times only a dream, but to finally play at Old Trafford in the top flight and see our team represent us after all this waiting for us to then wear a one time, knock off, yellow piece of tripe over the clubs identity will never be reasoned with me.

Aside from that, what a performance. Shame about the luck but can’t fault the effort. Well done.

NB I see this has been covered but wanted to air my grievances.

Thanks for winding me up again, I'd only just made peace with it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
My guess would be the contract with Nike requires us to use it a minimum number of times......

Time it was changed, then. Might have been justified when we were in the Championship losing £30M a year - no need for it now we're in the PL!

How many fans were actually wearing the yellow at OT yesterday - and how many wore the stripes? Maybe this is something which can be brought up at the next fans' forum - clearly, a lot of people aren't happy with it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Murray has no pace and Gross plays from deep . We almos NEVER "take a chance"/attack balls across the goal area.
Wherever have scored in those circumstances it has usually been from a ball cut back deeper for the player coming into the penalty box rather than straight for the non-existant man in the goal area

el punal

Who?

The team is built on it's defence.
Neither D & D can be that far up field, it goes without saying D & D certainly can't be there either.

So that leaves:-
Gross who chances are played the initial space opening pass, so is behind the play.
T'other winger, who can't fully commit inside because his full back will be hideously exposed on the counter.
Leaving just old man Murray who has to make the right call while being marked out by 2 centre halfs, whom he's unlikely to catch napping.

We're edging closer to the time Tony has to say 'to hell with the over inflated market, and just dive right in.

Too true about a new striker. If either Glenda or Tomer are out, for whatever reason, we're stuffed. The fact that we're 9th and with 16 points at this point of the season shows what a great team effort it's been. It's also fortunate that there are a few teams in the Premier League at present who are absolute crap and we've taken advantage of, namely West Ham and Swansea as examples.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Time it was changed, then. Might have been justified when we were in the Championship losing £30M a year - no need for it now we're in the PL!

How many fans were actually wearing the yellow at OT yesterday - and how many wore the stripes? Maybe this is something which can be brought up at the next fans' forum - clearly, a lot of people aren't happy with it.

Very few in my part so mainly blue and white shirts added to which are the blue hats & coats with logo shirts and blue & white scarves for those who don't like wearing shirts.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.

I would suspect Nike don’t care. Home or away it’s all Nike anyway. I’d think it’s the club trying to push the away kit. Sad.

It’d be nice to see an away end just in stripes. I’m not calling for a boycot but perhaps a game in which we all wear the stripes to hammer home he sentiment that blue and white is thicker than yellow (or black). Especially at a game where there is no need for the players to be wearing it. Queue our next televised game against a team that wears red. Liverpool for instance.

Also, perhaps to be totally ironic, all wear (any) yellow shirt at a home game, not necessarily the kit. I wonder how the hierarchy would take that. Probably just as bemused as we were yesteray.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The referee. Utd were playing in white shorts, so there could've been a problem with close offsides.

There was a game a few years ago where the ref wouldn't accept our stripes or away kit, and we had to play in Leicester's away kit.

Those two delightful "corridor of uncertainty" crosses put in by Knocky and Bruno in the second half that no one gambled and attacked.

Someone should have been in there for a simple tap in.

I think the striker we never bought would be the one getting on these,fantastic start but imagine with the big money striker we might have turned those 4 draws into wins and a defeat into a draw would give us another 9 points! If we get the right man in the future things are looking good:moo:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Things I hated about yesterday

- getting hassled by endless scarf sellers outside
- endless body searches (ok probably in the circumstances it had to be
done)
- piss poor catering in the upper tier and nowhere to stand downstairs
(I asked for a bottle of water and was given/paid for a glass of water ffs)
- the ludicrously small access to the stand and steep steps.

Oh, and losing when we deserved a draw at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here