Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Martin o Neil - Everton....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Last week's Monday night club discussed the merry go round. Eventually someone ask why CH's name never comes up. The eloquent reply made by someone I forget was along the lines of 'his name never comes up because everyone knows he won't leave Brighton. He's invested so much of himself in the club, is adored by the supporters, has a cracking relationship with the owner, is trusted, and is doing well, and knows what it's like to be shafted by cockwomble owners - he's going nowhere'. :shrug::lolol:

Reckon this probably sums up the current position quite well.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would be surprised if the Everton owner considers MoN as I would think that his best days as a club manager have gone and I am sure that the owners football advisers would know of better candidates abroad if not in the UK.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I would be surprised if the Everton owner considers MoN as I would think that his best days as a club manager have gone and I am sure that the owners football advisers would know of better candidates abroad if not in the UK.
Yes, Diego Simeone. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
With a forward line as bad as this Rooney must be dire in training to not get off the bench

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There must be a more realistic target unless of course Everton over rate their position.. There are many well known managers working in India and China and who would love to come back and manage in The Premier..

Go on, pick one......

068a7c03e78a43c1e860d4482ffee50f.jpg

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
He’s about as Irish as I am so I can’t see that being much of a pull.

So I presume your mum is Irish and you are very close to your Irish relatives? But in answer to the question, no I don't think Chris wants that job yet. In a few years time when his work is done at Brighton - sure.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Last week's Monday night club discussed the merry go round. Eventually someone ask why CH's name never comes up. The eloquent reply made by someone I forget was along the lines of 'his name never comes up because everyone knows he won't leave Brighton. He's invested so much of himself in the club, is adored by the supporters, has a cracking relationship with the owner, is trusted, and is doing well, and knows what it's like to be shafted by cockwomble owners - he's going nowhere'. :shrug::lolol:

But people would make an approach if they wanted him. And maybe they have - I have no idea.

I have 5 Live on right now and Claridge et al are incredulous that Everton have made no approach for Sean Dyche. The suggestion was that if his name was Seanio Dychio from Italy then the Everton owners would be all over him, but as he's a gritty Brit they aren't interested. Funny old game.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That is not a complete list is it? Where are Sheringham and Gregaory? Are they managing in India?

Don’t know.....when was the last time Gregory or Sheringham managed in the PL anyway, and how well would their more recent jobs prepare/qualify them for it ?

Would you be happy with either if CH left ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Don’t know.....when was the last time Gregory or Sheringham managed in the PL anyway, and how well would their more recent jobs prepare/qualify them for it ?

Would you be happy with either if CH left ?

No I wouldnt neither would I want Coppell but they were just two names that came to mind and I am sure there are more suitably qualified coaches in Europe that would fit the bill. Isnt Sven out East somewhere ? Has Gus Hiddink or Louis Van Gaal been mentioned as being a possible. Must admit I havent kept up with who has or not been mentioned.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It is strange that Everton don't appear to be attractive to anyone at the moment. They still regard themselves as a BIG club (albeit not nearly as ENORMOUS as Liverpool).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here