Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How old were you when

phoenix

May 18, 2009
10 years old and I’m now 59 !!
Funnily enough I was speaking with an Albion fan on the train of a similar age to me and he said he was a Man Utd fan until we got The Amex
That was the end of my conversation with him !!

Strangely enough 10 years old and now i'm 59 !! allso , have I just posted twice?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I was 9.

21st of August 1993, a 1-1 draw with Hartlepool at the Goldstone.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
In my first 11 games at Falmer we didn't win!
By contrast, my first 10 games or so were spread across the mid-90s, not exactly our best period of overall form, but we never lost when I was there.

Perhaps if I'd lived in Sussex rather than Oxfordshire and so could have been taken every week, our history might be very different. :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
First game, in the South Stand, Spring of 1969, aged eleven. Went with an eleven year old mate, and our two 8 year old brothers. Unaccompanied. Wouldn't be allowed today.

We beat Barrow, and each time we scored we threw our bobble hats, knitted by our mums, high into the air. Plenty of room to catch them, nay bother. All standing in the South in those days, and our spot was right behind the goal.

gasgull

Nov 14, 2003
Newick
1968 aged 3. Reserve game with my dad. Still go together now and he doesn’t have to buy me chips and sweets anymore.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
First game, in the South Stand, Spring of 1969, aged eleven. Went with an eleven year old mate, and our two 8 year old brothers. Unaccompanied. Wouldn't be allowed today.

We beat Barrow, and each time we scored we threw our bobble hats, knitted by our mums, high into the air. Plenty of room to catch them, nay bother. All standing in the South in those days, and our spot was right behind the goal.
Same for me. As I said earlier I first went when I was 8 in 1966. I'd just moved into the area (Lancing) and I went with some new friends from my new school. The first time we went with some older boys - they were nine. No adults involved at all. And do you know what? We didn't get lost, murdered, abused by paedophiles or abducted by aliens. As you say, if a group of unaccompanied 8/9 year olds turned up at the Amex now there would be a witch hunt and the parents would probably be prosecuted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here