Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How old were you when

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
you first started watching/supporting the Albion. I am a JCL and at the ripe old of age of 22 [MENTION=3362]Mr deez[/MENTION] took me to my first game at Withdean haveing moved from Worcester and growing up supporting UTD watching scholes giggs etc, Not looked back since. 40 years of age now. My girls were singing Albion songs before nursery rhymes

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Presumably the modal response to a poll would be "From birth/as early as I can remember"....?

My first game was aged 7 (4 days before birthday) which I would guess is around average?

Younger starts now? Moshe Jnr was 4. Nephews and nieces around 4-7...?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
10 years old and I’m now 59 !!
Funnily enough I was speaking with an Albion fan on the train of a similar age to me and he said he was a Man Utd fan until we got The Amex
That was the end of my conversation with him !!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
First game was at the age of 7 back in 1970.

Both my kids saw their first games before they were 5, but neither have any interest now.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
My dad took me to my first game at the Goldstone on my 7th birthday, in the depths of a freezing February many years ago.

The moment I stepped inside the ground for the first time and saw that emerald green pitch and the perfect white lines under the dazzling glare from the floodlights I was hooked forever.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Chose the Albion as my team aged seven - though dabbled with an affection for Wolves, who were league champions and winning everything at the time - but quickly the Albion, my local team at that time, became established as 'my team'. Family wasn't football oriented though, so no Dad, Grandad or Uncle to take me along to matches (and we moved away from Sussex when I was nine), so I was 17 or 18 before my first Albion match.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I'd just turned 15, was never really interested in football in general as a kid, got a free ticket to watch Brighton. We won 4-1, I was hooked after that.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
12 or 13 I think, a mate took me. I was a nominal Brighton supporter but had never been to a game, not from a football family.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I grew up in Buckinghamshire but my dad took my brother and I to the goldstone when we visited our relatives in Brighton. These games were early 80's although i am not sure exactly when. When we moved to Brighton I was an occasional visitor to the Goldstone as I never wanted to go with my Brother. in the early 90's i stated kicking about with some regulars and found my self hooked.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Chose the Albion as my team aged seven - though dabbled with an affection for Wolves, who were league champions and winning everything at the time - but quickly the Albion, my local team at that time, became established as 'my team'. Family wasn't football oriented though, so no Dad, Grandad or Uncle to take me along to matches (and we moved away from Sussex when I was nine), so I was 17 or 18 before my first Albion match.

Yeah I am from a non football family and when I started 'watching' Utd I was probably 5 mates dad was a senior director at Sharp and another one at Kam so both had boxes at OT. I did my english GCSE oral presentation on their history but moving to Brighton changed all that it is indeed one of the few things that I enjoy these days

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
9 years old, 1973, probably would have been earlier but my moving house as a kid was quite something else, from Kent to Sussex and 6 different dwellings in that time, never had time to settle, although I was a dedicated football nut from about 3! When we finally settled in EP I managed to find an identity with a team. I had been to Chelsea in my Kent days as a 4 year old and upwards but they never had the feeling I got with Brighton, although my first Brighton game was v Chelsea in the FA Cup. I went as a little kid supporting Chelsea and came out a Brighton supporter. Still had large affection for Chelsea, or I did until the past couple of decades, now I just see them in the same light as any other team, Arsenal, Spurs, etc. But always loved Brighton and call myself a supporter since 1973. Had some great days watching them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here