Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How old were you when

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
There was no-one in my family who was into football so it was relatively late for me - I was 13 the first time I went in 1981. It only happened then because I had a German school exchange student staying and, being a Hamburg fan, he wanted to experience an English football match, so my dad was persuaded to take us. So thanks Frank! :thumbsup:

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
First game was 96, i was 6 years old.

Born and grew up in North London. My dad's from Brighton and got me into BHA at an early age. I think my fondness for this club properly started at the second game i went too, which was randomly away to Peterborough in 97. I was sat in the home end, and i vividly remember Reinelt scoring a volley, and our fans going absolutely ballistic behind the goal, it was mayhem. I have a lot to thank my dad for really, i could easily be sat here in a Spurs shirt if he hadn't bothered.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Never that interested in teams until the FA cup final in 83 and then that was that.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Some time around 87-89. I can't remember exact details but i was at Infants School and one of my mates dads took us every week and we sat in thenSouth Stand.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Since my parents weren't huge Albion fans, I only really started supporting the team when I was about 8 or 9, then went to my first game at age 12 (QPR at the Withdean).

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I remember getting drawn into the excitement of older siblings during the promotion season, and certainly by the August I was all wrapped up in the build-up to the Arsenal game. Then my 1st match was October 1979, as a treat for my 8th birthday.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
No idea, too young to remember and my parents have forgotten too, and can't even begin to guess which season it was. First memories were standing on an old yellow beer crate and just being able to see over the perimeter wall but can't remember any of the players, etc.... Really wish i knew tbh

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here