Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Old Trafford compared to the Taxpayers' Stadium & Emirates

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Either we have the most disgusting toilet mannered fans or the toilets, both urinals and cubicles had not been cleaned prior to the match.

Your coach driver on the way up didn't happen to have a Palace badge on, did he?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Concourse cam.

0535dba461850fa7e8c2af69c1a55bbd.jpg

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Throughly enjoyed it, did feel smaller than I expected-obviously wasn't though, never sat down once in the 2hours I was there, couldn't see were screens could go due to every bit of ground had seats !, bought a can of stella from the bar/off license outside the ground but then stopped by steward from leaving with it ? so gave it back and left ! should have asked for money back-DUH !
However easy to get in electric wands passed sniffer dogs ignored me and only got a quick frisk at the turnstile
What really annoyed me was Virgin un reserving seats on the 10am train leading to a free for all following a cancellation of another service -

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What really annoyed me was Virgin un reserving seats on the 10am train leading to a free for all following a cancellation of another service -

They didn't say that - they said that reservations were being loaded to the system and to take seats as per your reservation.

We were one of the first on the train and it was still marked as Glasgow, next stop Milton Keynes. We were very fortunate as I noticed one small board on the Euston concourse showed the 10:00am was going from Platform 3 whilst all other boards, including the big board, still didn't have platform info.

We legged it to Platform 3 as I didn't have a seat reservation, whereas [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2223]e77[/MENTION] did, and we had our choice of tables in the unreserved carriage as the train was all but empty.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
They didn't say that - they said that reservations were being loaded to the system and to take seats as per your reservation.

We were one of the first on the train and it was still marked as Glasgow, next stop Milton Keynes. We were very fortunate as I noticed one small board on the Euston concourse showed the 10:00am was going from Platform 3 whilst all other boards, including the big board, still didn't have platform info.

We legged it to Platform 3 as I didn't have a seat reservation, whereas [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2223]e77[/MENTION] did, and we had our choice of tables in the unreserved carriage as the train was all but empty.

On the 18.00 return they declassified a 1st class carriage - did you see any of that action? I was tempted to leg it up there
and see.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Knackered old ground poor facilities, cramped, soulless for most of the game, seats built for the Japanese/Chinese sized loyal supporters- overall classless like their manager and the club as a whole. Hate them with a passion, along with Chelsea. Even prefer Palace to that lot of plastics.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Tiny concourse, too many hawkers selling moody merch and a library like crowd. The Emirates II with some Everest high seats that make WSU back row look like the dug out seats.

Awful place.

That's the sort of partisan dissing I have ben looking for on this thread. Excellent judgment and well communicated. :lolol:

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
My first time there and sat in the Alex Ferguson Stand amongst the Utd fans
Soul less stadium,cramped seating, no replays on a screen or team lineups etc
Stand full of day trippers and the woman behind us didn’t even know what team we were.
Sterile atmosphere as well and empty seats all around us.
Won’t go back there in a hurry as a neutral
Just hope Mr Bloom doesn’t ever sell our soul to corporate hell

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Last time I was there it was single tier all the way around , 94 I think and another 1-0 loss to a Giggs free kick . Kennedy should have had a penalty in the opening minutes .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Great day out. Fantastic performance. Wonderful stadium, but poor vocal home support ( like Anfield) from the supposedly best supported team in the world. Best BHA chant of the day " we support our local team" . No points, but a selfie with Peter Ward was a nice memento.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Nasty cheap looking stadium built out of breeze block.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
When they fluked their goal, a lovely lady sat in the disabled area as a helper turned round, gave us the finger and shouted “f*ck off gayboys”. I remarked on the appropriateness of this to a steward, and within minutes two policeman had arrived to remove her from her seat. They returned 10 minutes later asking if I wanted her ejected from the stadium. I said no, as I thought a word was probably enough. But they were clearly taking the issue seriously which was interesting to see. Consistent with the policy applied at other grounds?

Was in the wheelchair section and saw this, was still in the wheelchair concourse indoors 10 mins after the game and the lady in question was still on the receiving end of the mother of all ballockings from the police, with stewards and united officials in suits in attendance. Going my the amount of tears and the shock on the face of the person in the wheelchair who I think was her mother when lifetime bans were mentioned should this happen again, this seemed like a good example of lesson learned via a swift and harsh talking to.
United were certainly taking the complaint seriously.

theboybilly

Concourse a joke as was the legroom. Of the three stadiums mentioned in this thread it is by far the best football ground though. Just a shame the home fans didn’t make an atmosphere. The view was excellent and from our perspective felt very compact although the upper tier seats looked very remote.

Agree re the trams. Superb. Queue management and ticket buying was excellent, no bother getting out at all.
Just out of interest (for when we go back next season) what Tram Stop did you use and how long did you have to queue for?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Just out of interest (for when we go back next season) what Tram Stop did you use and how long did you have to queue for?

Piccadilly to Old Trafford (next to the cricket ground) and on the way back got off at Piccadilly gardens and walked as the tram went on different route to Bury.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Old Trafford and about 30minutes as we were in the buy a ticket queue. Surprisingly quick exit, quicker if you already have a ticket.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I was surprised at their "6 for £13" thing...

2 * pints
2 * pies (or hot dogs)
2 * snacks (grab pack of crisps or chocolate bars)

There may be some meal deals at the Amex that bring the prices down a bit but individually isn't that about £20?

that was on the side did n't see it it until i bought two beers (not pints) and a pie for £12+....

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Liked the view inside the stadium but thought the away concourse was awfully cramped and the decor very tatty. Also used the toilets at 1. 15 so not in use for long. Either we have the most disgusting toilet mannered fans or the toilets, both urinals and cubicles had not been cleaned prior to the match. Final moan the steps in the seating area were very high and saw a number of folk having difficulty especially descending.

Apart from that I enjoyed the experience although the home trip on the coach was seemingly going on forever. Back indoors at 1.00 am

Only two ladies toilets in the away end! Small concourse. Ugly stadium. In all I really disliked it and didn't find it at all impressive. However, the stewards were pleasant and friendly - the only redeeming feature! I found the match day experience at the Liberty Stadium much better. No wonder the latter was first in a poll for best match experience in the Premier League last season.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Deleted as in the wrong place!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here