Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Further Newcastle Allocation

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Why do the likes of Arsenal,Tottenham,Chelsea,Newcastle etc all give 3k in much bigger stadiums yet we give 3k in a smaller stadium?I could have sworn we was giving 2k to away fans in big games in the championship and feel we're being very silly and way too generous :)

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Why do the likes of Arsenal,Tottenham,Chelsea,Newcastle etc all give 3k in much bigger stadiums yet we give 3k in a smaller stadium?I could have sworn we was giving 2k to away fans in big games in the championship and feel we're being very silly and way too generous :)

Because it’s the rules

10% or 3k whichever is the lower

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My understanding is we can have the 3k if we want them, however I think if we want the additional allocation we have to pay for them if we sell them or not.

That’s ridiculous if true. They must give us 3,000. Why would we have to pay for any not sold? It’s only going to be a couple of hundred maximum anyway. We sell as their agent, don’t we? There’s not a penny of profit goes to BHA for selling 1 or 3,000.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
That’s ridiculous if true. They must give us 3,000. Why would we have to pay for any not sold? It’s only going to be a couple of hundred maximum anyway. We sell as their agent, don’t we? There’s not a penny of profit goes to BHA for selling 1 or 3,000.

I’m sure it’s only regarding the extra 800.

The first 2200 I think are treated differently...... I might be wrong but I’m sure I saw it somewhere to stop clubs asking for more tickets and not selling them meaning the home club can’t.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Nope. You were right first time. You can have as many as you want (up to the allocation limit). But any you dont sell, you pay for. Thats why we ended up with knobhead stoke fans all over the place in the home end on monday night. Stoke bottled how many would attend. Only got an allocation the were certain to sell. Stitched up others who would have no doubt wanted to add to there LP tally. But didnt have the chance.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nope. You were right first time. You can have as many as you want (up to the allocation limit). But any you dont sell, you pay for. Thats why we ended up with knobhead stoke fans all over the place in the home end on monday night. Stoke bottled how many would attend. Only got an allocation the were certain to sell. Stitched up others who would have no doubt wanted to add to there LP tally. But didnt have the chance.

But Stoke didn't sell out their initial, small allocation.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Whilst I understand that they don’t want empty space that could be sold to home fans, the away tickets go on sale plenty early enough that the demand can be gauged and the surplus returned to the home club.

It seems crazy to make the away club second guess and be penalised for it.

As long as the tickets are sold in blocks such that entire blocks / columns can be handed back to enable segregation, I can’t see the problem.

On a completely separate note, I couldn’t believe how empty the away section at the Liberty looked on MOTD last night. Tinpot visitors, I guess!

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda

I think that's more down to the amount of people happy to give tickets away to others at the amex. There seems to be a core of fans then everyone else who doesn't mind who takes their ticket as they don't go every week

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

It's not ridiculous in the slightest.

Newcastle can sell these to their own fans. If we say we want them, we must pay. Otherwise it's lost money for Newcastle.

We will apply the same to teams visiting us.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We’ll sell all 3k I’m sure - lots of exiles get the chance to go to this one too which is good. I’m sure given every away has sold out that we’ll do all 3k..?

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
I think that's more down to the amount of people happy to give tickets away to others at the amex. There seems to be a core of fans then everyone else who doesn't mind who takes their ticket as they don't go every week
Oh, i didnt realise it was as common as you seem to be suggesting. I assumed ST holders went to the majority of games themselves. Well passing them on to all and sundry isnt the way to retain them for a sustained period. More fool them.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Oh, i didnt realise it was as common as you seem to be suggesting. I assumed ST holders went to the majority of games themselves. Well passing them on to all and sundry isnt the way to retain them for a sustained period. More fool them.

It's not common unless you are talking about the 1901. On the basis of our attendances it's actually pretty rare to share season tickets amongst fellow albion fans and family, let alone sharing them with oppostion fans.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here