Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Have you ever shouted abuse at an Albion player

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Jesse Lingard deserved abuse during the play off defeat away to Derby a few years ago when we lost 4-1. LuaLua scored the consolation after we were already 4-0 down, and Lingard started celebrating and jumping on LuaLua. He was basically taking the piss, which shows that he didn't really care. Why would you do that? Still annoys me.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Dean Cox once, I think it was a boxing day game at the withdean. He was constantly out of position so I politely reminded him.
And Peter Smith pretty much every time I saw him play because he was utter horse shit.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
During the Gillingham years, I remember Jamie Moralee, who had had a good career with Millwall and Watford before, putting little effort in.

I remember shouting "If you put half as much effort in as you do sh@ggi@g Daniella Westbrook, we wouldn't be in this much trouble" He looked up half heartedly with no expression.

Terrible two years at the Pissfield.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
No don’t see the point. We have had some not very talented players at times, but as long as I see then put in effort I don’t mind, if they are lacking in confidence I don’t see how telling a player he is sh!t is going to help. The only player I have not warmed to in recent times was Ryan Harley lazy git, who though he was the next big thing.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yep the whole team when Jimmy Case was manager, I'm sure it was Northampton away, many of us were chanting " Shit team, no pride" at one point.
Not proud of this but things were pretty dire back then.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Yep the whole team when Jimmy Case was manager, I'm sure it was Northampton away, many of us were chanting " Shit team, no pride" at one point.
Not proud of this but things were pretty dire back then.

Was that the 3-0 defeat when most, if not all the goals were scored at the away end? A lot of fans' patience snapped that day.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes...Leeds at home...Mel sterling picked up the ball and ran with it towards goal....Wendi Wilkins fairied next to him without tackling him and he shot and nearly scored..I shouted out from the West stand to Wendy to fecking well tackle nad he called back "f.uck off"

To whit much abuse reigned on to the pitch.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Only at that West Brom Albion lump, Oliver Burke, when he tried to lump Solly March off the pitch, earlier in the season :cool:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
No, but I have sat/stood several times in abject despair at the general ineptitude hoofball going on all over the pitch (although this was a few years ago now when we really were crap).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I used to abuse away goalkeepers at withdean from the second row of the signing section of the south stand. It was great as normally they gave it back....Cheltenham at home...three nil up, their keeper was shite...I yelled out " haven't you got any youngsters who can go in goal as you are seriously crap.." he yelled something back. I then, as I used to, headed behind the goal to the radio area and he spotted me and we had a bit of banter....I tried to get him to come on the radio afterwards but he said he just wanted to get away as soon as possible.

He was actually a great bloke.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
During the Gillingham years, I remember Jamie Moralee, who had had a good career with Millwall and Watford before, putting little effort in.

I remember shouting "If you put half as much effort in as you do sh@ggi@g Daniella Westbrook, we wouldn't be in this much trouble" He looked up half heartedly with no expression.

Terrible two years at the Pissfield.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/oct/05/the-fiver-pele-daniella-westbrook

The Jamie Moralee whose one moment of genuine tabloid fame came when septum-pulverising soap actress Daniella Westbrook named him as her all-time No1 conquest: "He was really good in bed. Everything he done was good. Jamie was the guv'nor. He was a giver not a receiver - most blokes are the other way around. He also had a big tig."

The Jamie Moralee who chivalrously responded to that praise by saying: "It's very flattering. She has slept with a whole load of people and for me to come out top is a real boost."

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Another shout for Moralee here for getting sent off at Scunny less than a minute after coming on as sub after I'd spent my meagre bonus getting there and back. The bloke was a waste of oxygen!

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Yes Ashley Barnes when he tripped the ref up
In Bolton, total
Idiot. Pity as he had ability but let him self and the club down with his sulky attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
The José thread got me thinking about abuse from the terraces at Brighton players ( not that I heard any on Monday)

And who have you been surprised to see abused. For me that has to be Glenn Murray in his first stint here. Never got it as I have always really rated him, from the day he arrived here, and he was playing through injury for a few months.

I have to confess to being very unimpressed by Nicky Rust when he came back from injury. Looked a totally different player and I admit to shouting abuse as yet another shot winged it’s way past him and nestled in the net. The only other player I have abused from the terraces was Andy Kennedy who always held his arm up for the ball but refused to actually run for it unless it dropped to his feet.

That’s it from me although I really wasn’t a fan of Johnny Crumplin, apart from the game at Liverpool when he had John Barnes in his pocket. He always tried so hard that I couldn’t bring myself to abuse him.

I know some of you would never shout abuse at a player but I bet most of you have. Who, and why?
Craig Davies - MKDons away..what a useless piece of turd

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
I would not slang a player off for lack of ability providing they did their best, not their fault the club signed them , but Leon Best is different,what a waste of space,did he have to ever have his kit washed

OK. Apologies, new here. Some may say, JCL etc. etc.......often lurked on here over the years, but never joined as it seems there is a fair amount of intimidation to new joiners. To put that in perspective, that may well be deserved.

I'm not a hardcore fan. I have the utmost respect for those that are. My life has been way too busy to dedicate an entire day of the week to football.

But this thread has really struck a chord with me, and would like to add a view. My old man was a season ticket holder in the 70s and 80s. I went to my first game, in 1979. Against Liverpool. I think we lost 1-4.

Back to the original post, I found the language and the abuse at players simply shocking. As a 9 year old, it made me not want to go back.

The old man's answer? 'They are paid a lot of money to do a job, son'.

Put me off for watching the game live for a long time. Yeah, you could call me an old age snowflake.

But been a few times recently, and it's an amazing experience. My daughter is a massive fan of the club now.

Before abuse is directed at anyone - check who is around you. Especially if there are children.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here