Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lukaku - Retrospective Action

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Having seen the 'highlights' show on Sky Sunday morning, not sure the ref could possibly have missed this - All things being equal and regardless of the 'kick', that was pretty unfortunate goal to concede. 0-0 feels like a result that better reflected the game.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In case you are confused this thread is for talking about Lukaku's kicks on Bong.
Go on then. What is there to say that hasn't already been said? What have you got to add?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Having seen the 'highlights' show on Sky Sunday morning, not sure the ref could possibly have missed this
You can see the ref was ball watching.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Go on then. What is there to say that hasn't already been said? What have you got to add?

Not really sure what that's got to do with it.

People open this thread to read about the incident. No one else cares about some childish, repetitive argument with BG that we've seen 100 times before. And now I am contributing to the derailment. FFS.

I added some new comments just before I posted that, btw. Probably got missed amongst the binfest.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not really sure what that's got to do with it.

People open this thread to read about the incident. No one else cares about some childish, repetitive argument with BG that we've seen 100 times before. And now I am contributing to the derailment. FFS.

I added some new comments just before I posted that, btw. Probably got missed amongst the binfest.

This all progressed from me saying that if a county official reported the incident it will be investigated, quite simple really.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
So this goal was not ONLY a courtesy of a massively lucky deflection but...

1. Came from a corner which maybe shouldn't have been given...

2. Should not have stood because Lukaku clearly fouls Bong before the shot is taken...

3. Should have been ruled out for offside, as Lukaku is clearly offside, and in the line of the shot, when the shot is taken.

Well, that's shit.

Three decisions - all the same linesman's call. Bong was last man so lino should have been looking at him.
Same lino also flagged a United player offside when Solly was playing him on.

-gully-

The Flux Capacitor
Nov 7, 2009
Shrewsbury
Dermot Gallagher thinks it’s not a violent act the buffoon. Just petulance. If anyone ever sees Dermot kick him in the swingers and see if he changes his mind.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
:annoyed::tantrum::angry::rant::censored:

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Be interested in seeing a clip of the Hemed stamp and ban compared to the Lukaku double kick non ban.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
One law for the big clubs... I honestly believe if it was a Brighton or Burnley player he would have been banned.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If ever you wanted proof huh.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
That's shocking. He aims not one, but two clear kicks at Bong, and catches him in the nuts, yet that's not considered a red card offence. I don't understand.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Hypocrisy at its finest.

Off the pitch, that's ABH.
Love to kick the decision panel in the nuts (assuming they have any, of course), see if they find a reason to complain about it.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Bong should have gone down theatrically. That's the modern game. Lesson learned, hopefully.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Dermot Gallagher thinks it’s not a violent act the buffoon. Just petulance. If anyone ever sees Dermot kick him in the swingers and see if he changes his mind.

I wonder if he reckons Beckham deserved a red card for the "flick" on Simeone at the 98 WC

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
F'kin' hell, have they got The Complete And Utter Shyster on the panel now?

I don't suppose the powers that be will have the guts to reveal who it is on their panel who cannot see beyond protecting the big clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here