Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lukaku - Retrospective Action

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The other question is why did the assistant not spot the double kick. Surely he would have been looking directly at the incident.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
kick1.gif

kick2.gif
Thanks again, from feeling better about the corner I'm now pi$$ed off again about Lukaku!
Please let there be retrospective action, as another poster mentioned, Hemed got a 3 game ban so let's hope he'll get the same.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No mention on MOTD, despite the in depth analysis ... could see lukaku pirouetting and kicking out quite clearly.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
That's the clearest kick out I've ever seen. I hope the FA will follow up.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Bong was naive. He should have fallen like a sack of potatoes and stayed down and then the cameras would have been all over the 'incident'.

But then that would have been cheating on our part because it doesn't appear any contact was made, although the intent was there!

There won't be any retrospective action.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not only is it nowhere near the ball it’s TWO counts of violent conduct. Again, not bitter, everyone knows they were lucky but that should have been our free kick and a RED card but won’t be given at OT. Poor. Also, I still can’t see Solly’s touch on the replay given they said they can see it on MOTD - it’s one I can’t quite make out? Either way, we were robbed again.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
When I was on Surrey County FA I could have made a complaint and it would have been investigated but sadly I am not now.

BG, are you saying that if you were still on the Surrey FA you could make a complaint about Rom Lukaku kicking Bong in a match in Manchester and it would get investigated? If so, how can NSC help to get you back on there? I’m sure there’s 1000s in here willing to vouch for you.. :thumbsup:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Hmm i don't think anyone is bitter ..they are just pointing out what appears to be a deliberate kick or two :moo:

A deliberate kick moreover, that if spotted, would have meant the goal would have been disallowed.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Kammy just highlighted it on Goals on Sunday. I think that's the first I've seen mentioned of it outside of this thread.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BG, are you saying that if you were still on the Surrey FA you could make a complaint about Rom Lukaku kicking Bong in a match in Manchester and it would get investigated? If so, how can NSC help to get you back on there? I’m sure there’s 1000s in here willing to vouch for you.. :thumbsup:

Yes the ruling is that if a formal complaint was made by any county representative it will be investigated as they are considered to be independent observers.

Just a point of interest when we lost 5-0 at Palace at 2.15 that day the game was in fear of being called off as I asked for a ticket and Palace wouldnt give me one. I phoned the Secretary of Surrey who in turn phoned them and told them to give me one or the game couldnt be played again I was considered an independent county observer. They found me a ticket in the top of the stand right up in the corner with very poor vision that they couldnt sell but they found one. Taking to Les Smith (County Sec) later he told me that he would have refused to let the game go ahead had they not given me a ticket. I had a pass which entitled me to go to ANY game in England but out of politeness we always asked any League teams for a ticket..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here