Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lukaku - Retrospective Action

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
the fact that he kicks out TWICE and still gets away with it is (or should be) unbelievable, shows that Pl refereeing is still flawed. If there had been VAR would the referee disallowed the goal and given Brighton a freekick...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If he gets a hat trick and 2 assists in the upcoming fixture vs Watford - a game he would have missed had he received a 3-match retrospective ban - I won't be too unhappy.

If the 'big 6' are continually able to field their strongest teams for the balance of the season I'll hold my nose and live with the inconsistency.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'd be quite interested to see a statement from the FA as to how they arrived at the conclusion that deliberately kicking an opponent off the ball (twice) could not be construed as violent conduct.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Well isn't that a surprise.

The cowardly blazers at the FA refusing to take action against the star player of a big side.

But tbh, Bong showed a distinct lack of PL savvy in not going down when he was kicked. Hope the lesson has been learned.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
How on earth can they justify not taking retrospective action? Doesn't affect us so not overly bothered, but does go to show that the 'big club bias' is no myth.

This. It isn't about being bitter or even WANTING him banned. But there needs to be some consistency.

The Albion could fall victim to these decisions later in the season if there is seen to be bias towards the big clubs. I'm really not sure how, for example, Hemed could get a THREE match retrospective ban and yet this fella gets nowt!

mattislost

Dec 12, 2011
Regretting transferring him out of my fantasy team earlier today (pre-empting a 3 game ban) as he is bound to score now!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Is there a way the club can ask for further details on the panels decision. Nothing will change but at least they should make their feelings felt.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is there a way the club can ask for further details on the panels decision. Nothing will change but at least they should make their feelings felt.

Agreed. Particularly as we lost a striker for 3 games when they arbitrarily decided that there was 'intent'. Whats the call on Lukaku then. Did he momentarily lose control of his legs and accidentally start booting Bong ?

Barber should be PUBLICALLY asking some awkward questions from the FA. Their total inconsistency is truly pathetic.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Out of interest, do the FA call for evidence from the victims?

(Not that there can really be victims when they're kicked by a player from one of their favourite clubs, of course).

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Hope he scores a hat trick against Watford to bring them down a bit, and it really makes no difference to us at all (would have helped if they had seen it on the day and disallowed the goal!), but seriously this shows that the bias from officials to the big clubs is beyond bad. Outrageous.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It could be argued that they are entirely consistent...

Consistent? Yes, Barton found not guilty of stamping, Stephens' appeal summarily rejected, Hemed found guilty quicker than the FA have ever previously moved in history, and Lukaku found not guilty of kicking a Brighton player when he clearly did... ... ... ... hmmmm ... ... ... I would say there's definitely a pattern emerging there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here