Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So where is Baldock?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Possibly still suffering from non physical related health issues. Best leave him alone to get it sorted out and get well, hopefully he can then come back and do the business.

Don’t want to fuel this rumour but an interesting take. Didn’t someone say they saw him on a London bound train from Hassocks in one of our early games this season? Has anyone seen him at the ground when we’ve played?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Might be wise to close this thread and simply leave it with hope that we’ll see SB in the stripes again soon.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It must be absolutely maddening for him to be missing out on the PL, I do feel sorry for the guy, He's seeing this season just slipping through his fingers after he did so much to help get us here. If he's still crocked in January then he'll know we'll be in the market for someone who can take his place.

I saw him play for the U23's against Blackburn a few weeks ago, he got an hour and looked like he was not far away from a return. Worrying that he's gone completely off the radar now.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He'll need to be ready for the bench as soon as Murray gets another yellow card.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Unless we're trying to get a goal late on and throw on a second striker, I can't see him getting a spot in the team. We play one up front, he can't play as a target man so where does he fit in?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Unless we're trying to get a goal late on and throw on a second striker, I can't see him getting a spot in the team. We play one up front, he can't play as a target man so where does he fit in?

It’s movement and pace we lack up front. He can provide that. I’d take off Murray for Balders and switch Groß with Pröpper in the no.10 role for a bit of height and power.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Cover for Gross? He might be behind Brown for that role at this point, but he's definitely an option.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm kind of glad you're not in charge. :cool:
There's plenty worse theories dotted around the place.
At least Gross is on the pitch and able to be moved.

Rarely-Wrong Grandad wants to drop him in favour of Kayal.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
The ideal scenario is that we get a Murray type player with a bit of pace but that's almost impossible to find on our budget. I just don't see Sam getting in the team.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The ideal scenario is that we get a Murray type player with a bit of pace but that's almost impossible to find on our budget. I just don't see Sam getting in the team.

Whenever Baldock is out for a while (a LOT) we seem to forget what he brings to the team. His pace and runs are a real problem for defenders and now we've got Pascal Gross banging in goals, I think he could complement the team later on in a game very well.

Hemed was useless when he came on against United, didn't gamble to get in the box and just floated around. I'd argue that Sam brings more to the table.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He didn't feature in the U23s last night, so either

- Injured / Ill

- Has a chance of being on the bench tonight.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Whenever Baldock is out for a while (a LOT) we seem to forget what he brings to the team. His pace and runs are a real problem for defenders and now we've got Pascal Gross banging in goals, I think he could complement the team later on in a game very well.

Hemed was useless when he came on against United, didn't gamble to get in the box and just floated around. I'd argue that Sam brings more to the table.

He doesn't, this is just the usual "he's been out for ages (again), he's actually brilliant". Then he'll get back fit, remind Hughton whatever dirt he has on him meaning he has to play, and he'll offer 1 performance every 10 games before picking up an injury. We'd be blessed if he had one good game this season, against players of this quality. Even Stoke with the sloggers wouldn't have found it difficult to play against him.

What we need is someone with Baldock's attributes but far more consistent and able to impact every game rather than one in 10. We're Premier League for now, we shouldn't be targeting the peasant's Shane Long.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
With only a month till t'window opens why are there no rumours of a better Baldock?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
He looked great in his two run outs for the U23. Has signed a long term contract, has an amazing record for us when he plays. Will be like having a new player when he is fully fit. In the press conference they said only Sidwell long term injury. If Murrey gets a one match ban for getting enough yellow cards he could be a valuble squad player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here