Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton fans with half and half scarves

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I’ll be buying a half Brighton half Palace scarf if such a thing exists on Tuesday. I know it’s wrong to fund the people that produce this crap but honestly, this is so ****ing ridiculous I want in

Me too, it's such an absurd thing it's hilarious. I'll just be careful to hide it extremely well so no one from NSC sees me with it.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
The half/half scarf police are the NEW song police, if I want to buy a half/half scarf and wear it I will do as all the GOBS on here only ever say things from the safety of their bedrooms and their keyboards

I'll come say it to your face. Let me know where and when.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'm sure we will see these in attendance at the Liverpool game

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Me too, it's such an absurd thing it's hilarious. I'll just be careful to hide it extremely well so no one from NSC sees me with it.

Me too, I want one for my office.

Surely nobody would actually wear one in public though?

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
"It makes us look so tinpot' is probably the most tinpot thing anyone can say. Why should any BHA fan give 2 shits about what rival fans think of them!?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
"It makes us look so tinpot' is probably the most tinpot thing anyone can say. Why should any BHA fan give 2 shits about what rival fans think of them!?

This. I will never understand this obsession with worrying about what other fans think of us, it is just weird. If it's opposition fans in and around the ground they're worried about looking 'tinpot' in front of, then that is really odd, as these are people who hurl / receive abuse all game - it's not like they like us as it is, so why the concern about looking cool in front of them? If it's armchair fans or passive 'supporters' watching on the TV then surely there is even less of a concern?

If you look at some of the really good atmospheres around the world (Dortmund, Boca, Besiktas etc.) then most of the stuff that those fans do would be considered 'cringeworthy' here and would never get going.

These people must live a miserable existence, constantly wondering 'Is this tinpot?', 'Could this be considered cringeworthy?' and 'What will other fans make of this?' and having to make a calculated decision before getting involved in anything. Weirdos.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Pfft. Could be worse...

Half Milan.jpg

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Have some people got nothing better to do with their lives than obsess about half-and-half scarves and where opposition supporters come from? I swear some are more fired up by that than the actual football!

I’d never buy a half-and-half scarf but I don’t think any better or worse of others who do. And I couldn’t care less about whether opposition fans come from the area of the team they’re supporting. Does it really matter? We are all free to support any club we want.

There is a group who call themselves Dutch Seagulls and they make the effort to drive from Holland to the Amex and other grounds to support BHA. Should they be ridiculed because they’re not from Sussex?

Some people need to grow up and get a life.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
My lads bought one, as they did at Villa last season and Donny first year, Spurs, first year, etc etc, we've a games room that they all end up in and make the place look more relevant, in my opinion, each to their own.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Special mention must go to the 40+ year old MUFC fan who had the full kit on, come on guys that got and deserved all the "attention" it created, tw@t!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
We all go and sit in a big building and shout as BOYS from all over the country run around under the name of 'Brighton' (even though they are from everywhere other than Brighton) and shout at people from another place in England because...well, they come from another place. And then we sing about our favourite 22 year old who earns 50 times as much as we do. We then sit on the internet and talk about how the boys from everywhere other than Brighton got on against the boys from anywhere other than Manchester.

And then we go and spend money so we can fit our fat bodies into a shirt to look just like our favourite 22 year old....some of us even get the NAME of the 22 year old on our clothes.

But yeah, those people who buy an item for a memento are weird.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Have some people got nothing better to do with their lives than obsess about half-and-half scarves and where opposition supporters come from? I swear some are more fired up by that than the actual football!

I’d never buy a half-and-half scarf but I don’t think any better or worse of others who do. And I couldn’t care less about whether opposition fans come from the area of the team they’re supporting. Does it really matter? We are all free to support any club we want.

There is a group who call themselves Dutch Seagulls and they make the effort to drive from Holland to the Amex and other grounds to support BHA. Should they be ridiculed because they’re not from Sussex?

Some people need to grow up and get a life.

We do get fired up by opposition supporters in addition to the football yes, just as they are by us. Where have you been hiding?

Our league structure is very popular worldwide, I don't blame any fan from overseas supporting any club over here, particularly if it's one of the less fashionable ones. The large part of them probably have their own club back home too.

However, domestic fans should follow a different rulebook. The rulebook that has made our game so popular in the first place, support your local (league) side. That said, I've never seen anyone moaning about rare cases of Sussex born fans supporting Fulham, Norwich or even ****ing Palace. It's only ever about dick heads who 'support' the top 6 of the PL because they want to be associated with success, like they never managed to reach adulthood. They are usually the ones oblivious to the fact that they are further subsidising (through merchandise/tickets) clubs which changed our game for the worse by sheer greed through threats of breakaways and an eventual breakaway during which time their local side didn't have a pot to piss in. It's absolutely ****ing shameful and your romantic slant isn't going to change my opinion on it.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
We all go and sit in a big building and shout as BOYS from all over the country run around under the name of 'Brighton' (even though they are from everywhere other than Brighton) and shout at people from another place in England because...well, they come from another place. And then we sing about our favourite 22 year old who earns 50 times as much as we do. We then sit on the internet and talk about how the boys from everywhere other than Brighton got on against the boys from anywhere other than Manchester.

And then we go and spend money so we can fit our fat bodies into a shirt to look just like our favourite 22 year old....some of us even get the NAME of the 22 year old on our clothes.

But yeah, those people who buy an item for a memento are weird.

That's a nice way of shitting on over 100 years of tradition that has developed into the most popular sport in the world. Football crowds have been as much of a pull to the global fan as the football itself, see how popular the game is in empty stadiums.

Also, last I checked we have a local owner and two Sussex born adults playing for us regularly which are, unsurprisingly, two of our most popular players. Supporters of all clubs yearn for the local lad that grounds them geographically.

On point, the scarves are fine for kids and/or to mark an occasion, particularly in the case of overseas fans. As an albion fan though it smacks of giddyness at playing at these grounds, like they never thought we were good enough to get here despite being here before, and not good enough to stay so need to pick up a memento. That or it's their 'second' team that they supported until they started to believe in us. Perhaps i'm being harsh, not everyone had my biased old man in their ear constantly telling me that we were far better than we were and our place is at the top of the pyramid. I had the luxury of always believing I guess. Most of them also look completely shit, which is my main complaint.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
That's a nice way of shitting on over 100 years of tradition that has developed into the most popular sport in the world. Football crowds have been as much of a pull to the global fan as the football itself, see how popular the game is in empty stadiums.

Also, last I checked we have a local owner and two Sussex born adults playing for us regularly which are, unsurprisingly, two of our most popular players. Supporters of all clubs yearn for the local lad that grounds them geographically.

On point, the scarves are fine for kids and/or to mark an occasion, particularly in the case of overseas fans. As an albion fan though it smacks of giddyness at playing at these grounds, like they never thought we were good enough to get here despite being here before, and not good enough to stay so need to pick up a memento. That or it's their 'second' team that they supported until they started to believe in us. Perhaps i'm being harsh, not everyone had my biased old man in their ear constantly telling me that we were far better than we were and our place is at the top of the pyramid. I had the luxury of always believing I guess. Most of them also look completely shit, which is my main complaint.

You dont need to justify football to me.....i like it.

I like lots of stupid things

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
We do get fired up by opposition supporters in addition to the football yes, just as they are by us. Where have you been hiding?

Our league structure is very popular worldwide, I don't blame any fan from overseas supporting any club over here, particularly if it's one of the less fashionable ones. The large part of them probably have their own club back home too.

However, domestic fans should follow a different rulebook. The rulebook that has made our game so popular in the first place, support your local (league) side. That said, I've never seen anyone moaning about rare cases of Sussex born fans supporting Fulham, Norwich or even ****ing Palace. It's only ever about dick heads who 'support' the top 6 of the PL because they want to be associated with success, like they never managed to reach adulthood. They are usually the ones oblivious to the fact that they are further subsidising (through merchandise/tickets) clubs which changed our game for the worse by sheer greed through threats of breakaways and an eventual breakaway during which time their local side didn't have a pot to piss in. It's absolutely ****ing shameful and your romantic slant isn't going to change my opinion on it.

Fair enough. Your angry, self-righteous slant isn’t going to change my ‘romantic’ view either. I’m very happy and relaxed with it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here