Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton fans with half and half scarves

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I shamefully bought one when Manchester United played Crawley in the FA Cup as a souvenir but also to keep me warm on a bitterly cold February evening. There's cold and then there's Lancastrian cold. :eek:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Someone get me one please

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I shamefully bought one when Manchester United played Crawley in the FA Cup as a souvenir but also to keep me warm on a bitterly cold February evening. There's cold and then there's Lancastrian cold. :eek:

Double Bad fan, we were away at Stoke in the cup that day.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
And that's why these exist. For tourists. Working at Heathrow I see people coming in from the world over to watch matches. Had a Slovenian gent just this morning coming to watch Tottenham v West Brom. Many of these are coming for the spectacle of a match without having any affinity for a particular team. For them, a half and half scarf is as much a memento of matchday as the humble programme is to us. Let them. I don't have to buy one.

Only a matter of time before the Albion reserve a big block of seats for such people - if they don't do already.

gmabel830

Aug 12, 2017
As I sit here in my Tottenham t-shirt waiting for the game, I am not one to talk.

I am a new fan this year, and went to a Tottenham game by chance the last time I went to London on a business trip.

But no half and half scarves ever.. noted!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Ooooh. You don't have to have just 1 name on your shirt...

nintchdbpict000270834444.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't get your problem, why wouldn't I want a scarf with my two favourite teams on?

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Wonder what happens to all the scarves they don't sell? Do they carefully cut it half way and sew it back for the next team ManU play?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
We are premier league, say we are premier league.....so let's let the rest of the world know us. That is the reason for these scarfs, it attracts people from around the world. Hows this hash tag stuff go? #heretostay

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
If it’s any consolation I was in a United lounge before the game and in their stand and a shit loads of them had half and half scarves!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Pretty sure there was a home "fan" in the crowd shown on TV wearing one.

Thecoffeecake

Oct 10, 2017
Philadelphia
Not something I would buy, but I amassed a pretty decent scarf collection over trips to Europe. I've got some from some pretty small clubs in cities I'll probably never go to again that I appreciate owning, so can't say I don't understand the soccer tourism thing. If one day I ever saw Brighton away, I'd probably buy a scarf from the host club, but it would stay stuffed in a bag until I put it with the others I have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here