Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong in todays Argus RE: Jose

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
According to Bong Jose was quite affected at half time on Monday by getting sh*t from the fans, I was quite surprised to read that, was he being given a hard time? I hope not.

I would hope the players can feel how much we love the club and the team, through good times and bad, when things go our way and when they don't.

Not everything came off for him on Monday, but his goal got us our point on Monday, he's one of our most direct and exciting players, and seems like a properly nice guy too, let's show him some LOVE.

:albion:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Blimey, some people are hard to please aren't they? Doesn't seem long ago we had some very inferior players on the wing (no names mentioned) and now he misses a couple and scores one and people are on his back. Pretty poor and probably JCL's.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
That's odd. Did he take the referee getting booed at half time as aimed at the players?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I thought he looked our most dangerous player in the first half and was unlucky with a couple of efforts. Certainly couldn't see any reason to have a go at him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
That's odd. Did he take the referee getting booed at half time as aimed at the players?

He wouldn't have been the first to make that mistake if he did.

Get the feeling Jose's the kind of player who thrives on encouragement, so let's get behind the lad.

"There is just no way you'll stop Jose
La la la la la la la la la"

(To the tune of Do You Know The Way To San Jose?)

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Wow - I guess this answers the question why Jose didn't feel much like celebrating his goal.

It really brings home how some fans negativity can really effect players

Gaten Bong himself has had plenty of abuse to deal with and has shown a real metal toughness when dealing with it. Jose is clearly more sensitive so if people want to see the best of him then get off his back.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Interesting read. Bong sounds brilliant, and his message to Jose seems to be 'get over it'.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sounds like a player struggling to adapt from being a big fish in a small pool. I heard nothing in WSL apart from a couple of groans when he made the wrong decision or missed the target. Nothing to get upset about. He needs to get used to hearing Solly’s name being chanted when we need goals. Izquierdo is currently first choice, He needs to fight to keep his place not drop his head if things aren’t’ going well. CH won’t be a fan of that attitude.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yay at last now when I boo a Brighton player, trying his hardest for the team I love, I can actually have an impact.
All the others players I've consistently booed, over the years, have seemed to ignore me.

As usual, we really can be shite (home) fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here