Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] How many hours a week do you do at work?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Based on a 37.5 hour week, working shift (12 hour days & nights).
This equates to one week of 56.15 hours and the next week of 22.50 hours :shootself

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
About 40 at work and another 5 planning and marking. Get paid for 35.

With so many unemployed why is it that those of us in work are working our nuts off. Surely we can work out a better system were everyone works less.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
About 40 at work and another 5 planning and marking. Get paid for 35.

With so many unemployed why is it that those of us in work are working our nuts off. Surely we can work out a better system were everyone works less.

Sounds like you are in teaching, nice holidays though.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sounds like you are in teaching, nice holidays though.

yeah Holidays are good, only down side is you have no choice when to take them.

Wouldn't do anything else though, most rewarding job i have ever had (mostly anyway).

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
yeah Holidays are good, only down side is you have no choice when to take them.

Wouldn't do anything else though, most rewarding job i have ever had (mostly anyway).

No cheap holidays for you having to take them at peak times.
I know a couple of teachers here that nip over to America/Canada or Japan during their holidays to teach there, a bit like moonlighting I suppose.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
No cheap holidays for you having to take them at peak times.
I know a couple of teachers here that nip over to America/Canada or Japan during their holidays to teach there, a bit like moonlighting I suppose.

Not a bad idea really, I have done a bit of volunteer work before but these days spend them looking after the kids (Busman's holiday:))

Are you the musician in Perth? I say Ian Collard in Geelong last night, great blues from a three piece band. The drummer was phenomenal.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Not a bad idea really, I have done a bit of volunteer work before but these days spend them looking after the kids (Busman's holiday:))

Are you the musician in Perth? I say Ian Collard in Geelong last night, great blues from a three piece band. The drummer was phenomenal.

That's me playing sax in my avatar.
I play in a couple of bands and do some session stuff when I get time.
Not many sax players here.
I play sax, clarinet and sing, in fact I won $600 in a karaoke thing last night at our local, that will come in handy.
Trying to think what I can do to be a one man act, getting a bit fed up with temperamental, flakey musicians.
I used to play a lot a jazz and blues and still jam with people that do, great for freestyling.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
That's me playing sax in my avatar.
I play in a couple of bands and do some session stuff when I get time.
Not many sax players here.
I play sax, clarinet and sing, in fact I won $600 in a karaoke thing last night at our local, that will come in handy.
Trying to think what I can do to be a one man act, getting a bit fed up with temperamental, flakey musicians.
I used to play a lot a jazz and blues and still jam with people that do, great for freestyling.

$600 is not a bad haul for a night out.

Do you ever get over this side of Australia?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
$600 is not a bad haul for a night out.

Do you ever get over this side of Australia?

Didn't know it was going on till I got there, I went to have a pint and a game of pool.
We have an investment property in the Melbourne CBD and try and get over there at least once a year, as we are allowed to claim a maximum of two trips a year on our tax returns as a result.
Twice a year, every year would be a bit excessive and take the pleasure out of it, become more routine that a break.
Pity I can't go to other places and say I went to Melbourne.
When we do go there I am always on the hunt for live music, in the blood I suppose.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We have an investment property in the Melbourne CBD and try and get over there at least once a year, as we are allowed to claim a maximum of two trips a year on our tax returns as a result.
Twice a year, every year would be a bit excessive and take the pleasure out of it, become more routine that a break.
Pity I can't go to other places and say I went to Melbourne.
When we do go there I am always on the hunt for live music, in the blood I suppose.

usually good stuff to find in Melbourne. I have been to the forum a few times, its a fantastic place to watch bands.

Went to this place in Geelong last night, very small place but they have some good blues players on.

http://www.pistolpetesfoodnblues.com.au/

A bit unexpected in Geelong but may be indicative of how we are developing in sleepy hollow.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
usually good stuff to find in Melbourne. I have been to the forum a few times, its a fantastic place to watch bands.

Went to this place in Geelong last night, very small place but they have some good blues players on.

http://www.pistolpetesfoodnblues.com.au/

A bit unexpected in Geelong but may be indicative of how we are developing in sleepy hollow.

If you think that is sleepy hollow, don't come over here then.
Never been to a 'capital' type city that dies at about 10 pm, only usually expats hanging around after that.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If you think that is sleepy hollow, don't come over here then.
Never been to a 'capital' type city that dies at about 10 pm, only usually expats hanging around after that.

Really? I thought there was a bit of life in Perth, would like to get over for a visit one day. Bit expensive at the moment though.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I've noticed many unscrupulous companies increasing hours like there's no tomorrow and was wondering how your quality of life is deteriorating because of the demands in the modern day.

It's gone from 37.5 to 40 to 45 to 50 for many and I'm sure many actually do far more than that???

This time last year I was swimming a mile before work and doing 16 hour days so 112 hours a week. II am signed off sick now :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here