Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Talk Sport

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I listen quite a bit when commuting to/from work. I can't say that it really bothers me. By that i mean that the Alan Brazil show is sooooo Sh1t that i cannot get annoyed by it. It just washes over me. I used to hate Adrian Durham but the same applies to him as well. His constant winding up of people almost goes unnoticed by me now. I do like Darren Gough as his co-presenter - he brings a much needed dose of real-life sanity to the show.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I listen sometimes, but rarely to Breakfast. I did, however, the other morning when Brazil was on with Big Sam. It was so bad I had to listen, in a strange sort of way. It was like two old, out of touch blokes, longing for the 'good old days' of football, were having a chat over a couple of pints. .

Of wine.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I listen to Jim White every morning on the way in to work.

On occasion I'll listen to the Sports Bar too because I find it hilarious.

People probably listen because they want to?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
IThe station is now full of the likes of Brazil, Durham and Jason Cundy. Text in if you think City will win the league. Ring 0898 if you think Adrian Durham is trying to wind you up. Tweet us if you think Alan Brazil has been drinking meths. It's a shame because all the serious output of which they had plenty is getting shelved.

Lovely post. Haven't listened to it in years so no idea if these caricatures are real, but my god they feel real :lolol:

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
It's gone seriously downhill since News International took over but a couple of years ago it was quite good in parts. Yes, Drive and Breakfast were designed for the armchair united fan but Colin Murray, Hawksbee and Jacobs as well as the Press Pass on Sunday nights were all well worth a listen. 2 out of the 3 are now gone. They also used to drag in Mark Langdon some evenings - He knows more about European football than any ex pro I've ever heard and was required listening for anyone who punts on obscure football.

The station is now full of the likes of Brazil, Durham and Jason Cundy. Text in if you think City will win the league. Ring 0898 if you think Adrian Durham is trying to wind you up. Tweet us if you think Alan Brazil has been drinking meths. It's a shame because all the serious output of which they had plenty is getting shelved.

Needs more 2 Mikes imo. They seem to be on Talk Radio more these days :cry:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As for Brazil, I feel a bit sorry for him. The jingles sort of celebrate what seems like a very heavy reliance on drink. At the peak of Gazza's 'wackiness' many stories did the rounds, when he started really suffering in public this stories were retold in a very different context. I wonder if the same will be done with Brazil if something similar was to happen.

Be interesting what they say about the jingles then....

Have you seen the state of him ? His beetroot heed is the size of the Hindenburg, the bloke is a walking heart attack waiting to happen, I don't even know how he still has a liver. The drink-driving, booze-soaked buffoon fully plays up to the lager-lout persona he has cultivated and portrayed over the decades. Can't stand the bloke. I switched off his shit breakfast show years ago, I'd rather listen to tinnitus than take any notice of that tragic sweaty blob's inane back-page-of-the-Sun based views and opinions on the top 6 (being as that's all he knows chuff all about). Breakfast radio broadcasted by morons, for morons.

The only thing I listen to is Max Rushden and Barry Glendenning on Sunday mornings, they are very entertaining. I also get my fix from those two on the (twice-weekly) Guardian Football Weekly podcast, which is excellent listening. The rest of that station is complete and utter DRECK.

And the ads. Oh god the ENDLESS ads.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I listen sometimes, but rarely to Breakfast. I did, however, the other morning when Brazil was on with Big Sam. It was so bad I had to listen, in a strange sort of way. It was like two old, out of touch blokes, longing for the 'good old days' of football, were having a chat over a couple of pints. Seriously bad radio and ideas and opinions that are so far removed from reality, it's untrue!

Jim White is an egotistical bellend who seriously plays up to this 'best connected man' schtick. Love H&J and they generally have decent guests AND cover sports other than football. Adrian Durham I don't mind some days. He occasionally talks some sense and it's so obvious when he's provoking the listeners it's actually quite funny. Same with The Two Mikes – bumbling buffoons that they are – and I quite like Max and Barry's Sunday warm-up show.

This sums up my thoughts.

Brazil is an utterly clueless broadcaster.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
With all the back slapping , drinking , upmanship laddish boasting that goes on , I've always wondered what hell the camp sounding traffic guy has to go through on a staff night out !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's gone seriously downhill since News International took over but a couple of years ago it was quite good in parts. Yes, Drive and Breakfast were designed for the armchair united fan but Colin Murray, Hawksbee and Jacobs as well as the Press Pass on Sunday nights were all well worth a listen. 2 out of the 3 are now gone. They also used to drag in Mark Langdon some evenings - He knows more about European football than any ex pro I've ever heard and was required listening for anyone who punts on obscure football.

The station is now full of the likes of Brazil, Durham and Jason Cundy. Text in if you think City will win the league. Ring 0898 if you think Adrian Durham is trying to wind you up. Tweet us if you think Alan Brazil has been drinking meths. It's a shame because all the serious output of which they had plenty is getting shelved.

Excellent summary.

Other than Hawkby & Jacobs, it now just brain dead radio. Good for those who like listening to ads.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Like a few have said, I do enjoy Hawskbee and Jacobs, they have some good guests and generally an enjoyable listen. On a similar vein I enjoy Max Rushden and Barry Glendenning of a weekend, they just remind me of a couple of blokes having a laugh and talking nonsense down the pub.

For boxing fans, Gareth A Davies is a great guest when he’s on. Seriously knowledgeable...

I can take or leave the rest... apart from Cundy who I cannot Stand.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Used to enjoy Mike Dickin at 10am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Have you seen the state of him ? His beetroot heed is the size of the Hindenburg, the bloke is a walking heart attack waiting to happen, I don't even know how he still has a liver. The drink-driving, booze-soaked buffoon fully plays up to the lager-lout persona he has cultivated and portrayed over the decades. Can't stand the bloke. I switched off his shit breakfast show years ago, I'd rather listen to tinnitus than take any notice of that tragic sweaty blob's inane back-page-of-the-Sun based views and opinions on the top 6 (being as that's all he knows chuff all about). Breakfast radio broadcasted by morons, for morons.

The only thing I listen to is Max Rushden and Barry Glendenning on Sunday mornings, they are very entertaining. I also get my fix from those two on the (twice-weekly) Guardian Football Weekly podcast, which is excellent listening. The rest of that station is complete and utter DRECK.

And the ads. Oh god the ENDLESS ads.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I am going to admit to liking the two mikes.
Driving along chuckling to their stupidity makes the journey faster and better.
Especially Parry, the man is a legend but a cretin of enormous proportions.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

He's missed a few training sessions recently...

2869710B00000578-0-image-a-52_1431034923093.jpg

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
AB rolls in 5 mins before the show starts then has to waffle through 4 hours of radio commenting on the previous nights football which he had no interest in actually watching.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here