Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Away pubs in Manc

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
My stupid accountant of a mate sorted the trains, saving him money we roll into Manchester Piccadilly at 9am!
Where will we be congregating and are there any must see sights inbetween getting shitfaced?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2008
My stupid accountant of a mate sorted the trains, saving him money we roll into Manchester Piccadilly at 9am!
Where will we be congregating and are there any must see sights inbetween getting shitfaced?

Have you contacted the tourist office in Manchester :rolleyes:
regards
DR

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

He's a top accountant if he saved money for himself when getting you both tickets for the same train.. :whistle:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
He's a top accountant if he saved money for himself when getting you both tickets for the same train.. :whistle:
He booked them for the whole group! Not thinking about those of us coming from Brighton, we're staying in Camden Friday night in a bnb, booked 830pm train back from manc so should be getting back to Brighton around 1230am! all the money saved on trains will be spent filling time getting smashed fml

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I'll make few suggestions for you in Manchester City Centre. Britons Protection near Bridgewater Hall is a great pub as is The City Arms. The Rising Sun just off Deansgate . Most will be full of United fans but fair enough. If you have some time beforehand go to the Northern Quarter and try the Abel Heywood. Fantastic pub. I wouldn't bother going to a pub near the ground. On the other hand, you could park in Media City and go to bars there, walk over the footbridge to OT.

el punal

Never?! So you’ve never enjoyed an Albion rocking pre match away pub over the years. Try it, you might surprise yourself.

Quite right! For the away trip to Burton last season I decided to do an Albion rocking pre-match congregation fest at the 'Spoons pub down from the station. Absolutely amazing, I was the ONLY customer at 12.30 (pm), there were 7 bar staff and about the same number of TV screens showing the Cardiff v Leeds game (I think!). I did notice the tumbleweed blowing down the street as well. Talking about feeling like Billy No-Mates. :cry:

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Quite right! For the away trip to Burton last season I decided to do an Albion rocking pre-match congregation fest at the 'Spoons pub down from the station. Absolutely amazing, I was the ONLY customer at 12.30 (pm), there were 7 bar staff and about the same number of TV screens showing the Cardiff v Leeds game (I think!). I did notice the tumbleweed blowing down the street as well. Talking about feeling like Billy No-Mates. :cry:

And I had a pre Burton beer in a quaint pub by a canal! Its not always the right thing, but over the last 35 odd years of beer drinking Albion following, have had many great pre match sing ups in far flung corners of our country.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
The biggest 'spoons in the country is in Manchester.

That is all.

Surely no spoons can dwarf the Crosse Keys in the City of London?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Used to go to Shambles Square and Sinclairs (Old Wellington Inn) on most Albion excursions that involved going through Manchester. One of the oldest pubs in the country and a splendid location. So if you like a bit of history and getting trollied by 11.30 make a beeline.

Shambles_Square.jpg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Anywhere on Canal Street will do you nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here