Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] United fan- i come in peace!

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I’m looking forward to this game, but have very low expectations. 0-0 would be immense.

Thanks for the wishes, but I fear the points are yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am pleased we have picked up a few points so far however we can only hope we do not get blasted and the team are not demoralised which would affect our displays for the following matches
It might be worth fielding a team of defenders and not straying into Man Uteds half it would keep the goals against total down.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I am pleased we have picked up a few points so far however we can only hope we do not get blasted and the team are not demoralised which would affect our displays for the following matches
It might be worth fielding a team of defenders and not straying into Man Uteds half it would keep the goals against total down.

I’m not that pessimistic. I just know we’ll be forced deep for long periods. We won’t last 90 minutes pressure.

Hopefully, I will be proved wrong.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Hi All,

United fan here.... Season ticket holder and life long fan, looking forward to welcoming you guys on Saturday :) Always enjoy watching United play someone we haven't played against for a while and judging on your awesome start to the season, I'm not taking you guys lightly at all! Especially after we lost to Huddersfield- just goes to prove that anyone can beat anyone on their day. Our only saving grace is that our home form has greatly improved this season and the fact Pogba is back is a huge bonus!

Big admirer of Dunk and thought he was unlucky not to have been in the latest England Squad. Chris Hughton always comes across as a gent and I'm glad he's at a club that treats him with respect- Newcastle treated him appallingly! Knockaert and Murray are always a threat too and you guys always have a chance of scoring against us if Lindelof is playing!

The security at Old Trafford isn't as bad that's being made out. The only thing I will say, is that you usually get searched up to three times, once if you are coming over the bridge from the canal, once when you are on the footprint ( usually around the Holy trinity statue) and lastly when you go to the turnstiles. Getting in to Old Trafford, your best bet is to park a few miles away from the stadium and walk in if you can, there are many unofficial match day car parks that are anywhere between £5-£10 and these are all usually manned and hassle free!

Anyway, have a safe journey up, enjoy the day out (hopefully not the result) and I look forward to coming to The Amex in May( lovely stadium by the way, one of my colleagues is an albion fan and we went to the leeds game last year)

Hello mate, thanks for this, any postcodes or addresses for the best car parks getting quickishly back down South. thanks, Tim

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I parked there visiting Old Trafford once at the Lowry - a short walk along the canal to the ground and very quick getting away after the game provided you take the M602 out of town - I’m parking there Saturday

Is it an NCP or part of Media City?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Good god man imagine that attitude during the Crimean campaign! Where would the 600 be now if they thought defend defend defend! Its all about attack attack attack!:moo:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I’m not that pessimistic. I just know we’ll be forced deep for long periods. We won’t last 90 minutes pressure.

Hopefully, I will be proved wrong.

Anything FC Basel can do, we can do better.........

........ well maybe not better, but you never know. We do usually seem to be quite good at this defence lark.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Cheers mate, I've just got a driveway JustPark this side of Old Trafford for £7.10, close to the Mway and a 20-25 minute walk to the ground, result .... I hope!

Sounds good, I've done that for Spurs. Pal of mine used to be a STH at MU, suggested there are loads of places that offer parking within a 30 min walk on the right side of the ground for us.....expecting the traffic to be crap anyway so I'm just going to take my chances on finding somewhere when I get there.....

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sounds good, I've done that for Spurs. Pal of mine used to be a STH at MU, suggested there are loads of places that offer parking within a 30 min walk on the right side of the ground for us.....expecting the traffic to be crap anyway so I'm just going to take my chances on finding somewhere when I get there.....

Honestly use JustPark, I use it most away games, always costs about the same as local school and church's to park in but you're on a driveway and they normally show you best route out etc. You can also see from the comments how good it is for MWay etc www.justpark.com

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Honestly use JustPark, I use it most away games, always costs about the same as local school and church's to park in but you're on a driveway and they normally show you best route out etc. You can also see from the comments how good it is for MWay etc www.justpark.com

Yes used it a few times........always good. The one I've got for Wembley is a 10 min walk away.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Hi All,

United fan here.... Season ticket holder and life long fan, looking forward to welcoming you guys on Saturday :) Always enjoy watching United play someone we haven't played against for a while and judging on your awesome start to the season, I'm not taking you guys lightly at all! Especially after we lost to Huddersfield- just goes to prove that anyone can beat anyone on their day. Our only saving grace is that our home form has greatly improved this season and the fact Pogba is back is a huge bonus!

Big admirer of Dunk and thought he was unlucky not to have been in the latest England Squad. Chris Hughton always comes across as a gent and I'm glad he's at a club that treats him with respect- Newcastle treated him appallingly! Knockaert and Murray are always a threat too and you guys always have a chance of scoring against us if Lindelof is playing!

The security at Old Trafford isn't as bad that's being made out. The only thing I will say, is that you usually get searched up to three times, once if you are coming over the bridge from the canal, once when you are on the footprint ( usually around the Holy trinity statue) and lastly when you go to the turnstiles. Getting in to Old Trafford, your best bet is to park a few miles away from the stadium and walk in if you can, there are many unofficial match day car parks that are anywhere between £5-£10 and these are all usually manned and hassle free!

Anyway, have a safe journey up, enjoy the day out (hopefully not the result) and I look forward to coming to The Amex in May( lovely stadium by the way, one of my colleagues is an albion fan and we went to the leeds game last year)
So, do you think we deserved a point?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here