Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] United fan- i come in peace!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I’m looking forward to this game, but have very low expectations. 0-0 would be immense.

Thanks for the wishes, but I fear the points are yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimtm69

May 19, 2009
I'm going undercover agent in the Stretford End! [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Hi All,

United fan here.... Season ticket holder and life long fan, looking forward to welcoming you guys on Saturday :) Always enjoy watching United play someone we haven't played against for a while and judging on your awesome start to the season, I'm not taking you guys lightly at all! Especially after we lost to Huddersfield- just goes to prove that anyone can beat anyone on their day. Our only saving grace is that our home form has greatly improved this season and the fact Pogba is back is a huge bonus!

Big admirer of Dunk and thought he was unlucky not to have been in the latest England Squad. Chris Hughton always comes across as a gent and I'm glad he's at a club that treats him with respect- Newcastle treated him appallingly! Knockaert and Murray are always a threat too and you guys always have a chance of scoring against us if Lindelof is playing!

The security at Old Trafford isn't as bad that's being made out. The only thing I will say, is that you usually get searched up to three times, once if you are coming over the bridge from the canal, once when you are on the footprint ( usually around the Holy trinity statue) and lastly when you go to the turnstiles. Getting in to Old Trafford, your best bet is to park a few miles away from the stadium and walk in if you can, there are many unofficial match day car parks that are anywhere between £5-£10 and these are all usually manned and hassle free!

Anyway, have a safe journey up, enjoy the day out (hopefully not the result) and I look forward to coming to The Amex in May( lovely stadium by the way, one of my colleagues is an albion fan and we went to the leeds game last year)

What are the trains like from Piccadilly to the station at the ground?

el punal

Nope i'm from Failsworth! Lol, the only time I've been to Crawley is when I've gone to Gatwick!

Is Whelan's Discount Store still going? It used to be a disused cotton mill which Dave Whelan bought in the 1970s and built up his business empire among other things. I will always remember it from when I did a drinks promotion there and the highlight of the day was two enormous fat slappers basically going three rounds at the check outs. Not a pretty sight I can tell you! :mad:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Is Whelan's Discount Store still going? It used to be a disused cotton mill which Dave Whelan bought in the 1970s and built up his business empire among other things. I will always remember it from when I did a drinks promotion there and the highlight of the day was two enormous fat slappers basically going three rounds at the check outs. Not a pretty sight I can tell you! :mad:
Don't think so, but still plenty of places where I'm sure you could see a similar event!

theboybilly

What are the trains like from Piccadilly to the station at the ground?

I've tried finding this out using my Nat Rail app and also contacting Nat Rail on their Twitter feed but to no avail. I would suggest giving this route a swerve especially after the game (unless you don't mind sprinting on the final whistle) as I've heard the first train leaves on the close to the end of the game but the ones after that are packed. I would suggest using the tram - I am staying overnight and will be going to Old Trafford from St Peter's Square to Pamona and walking the short distance from there. It seems to be a very regular service. Trafford Bar is maybe another option back to Piccadilly for you. Old Trafford seems well served by public transport but 75,000 people wanting to getaway together isn't ever going to be easy.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
I've tried finding this out using my Nat Rail app and also contacting Nat Rail on their Twitter feed but to no avail. I would suggest giving this route a swerve especially after the game (unless you don't mind sprinting on the final whistle) as I've heard the first train leaves on the close to the end of the game but the ones after that are packed. I would suggest using the tram - I am staying overnight and will be going to Old Trafford from St Peter's Square to Pamona and walking the short distance from there. It seems to be a very regular service. Trafford Bar is maybe another option back to Piccadilly for you. Old Trafford seems well served by public transport but 75,000 people wanting to getaway together isn't ever going to be easy.

It looks like there are only 2 pre match. I might have a meander if I get up there early enough, only an hour walk according to Google Maps.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Was thinking of parking in Salford, near the BBC place, and walking from there - is that not a good idea?

I parked there visiting Old Trafford once at the Lowry - a short walk along the canal to the ground and very quick getting away after the game provided you take the M602 out of town - I’m parking there Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I think there is a decent route following the Bridgewater canal for a fair bit. I might check this out myself especially if there are bars/pubs within easy reach

Have a few pints in the Castlefield basin area of the city (The Wharf is an excellent pub!) and then follow the canal to the ground - around half hour/40 mins walk!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
They are boxes on wheels with windows and seats to sit on, they also have doors to allow passenger on and off and they run on rails.

Trains that run. Isn't that a bit optimistic? Can't say that about Southern Rail.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hi All,

United fan here.... Season ticket holder and life long fan, looking forward to welcoming you guys on Saturday :) Always enjoy watching United play someone we haven't played against for a while and judging on your awesome start to the season, I'm not taking you guys lightly at all! Especially after we lost to Huddersfield- just goes to prove that anyone can beat anyone on their day. Our only saving grace is that our home form has greatly improved this season and the fact Pogba is back is a huge bonus!

Big admirer of Dunk and thought he was unlucky not to have been in the latest England Squad. Chris Hughton always comes across as a gent and I'm glad he's at a club that treats him with respect- Newcastle treated him appallingly! Knockaert and Murray are always a threat too and you guys always have a chance of scoring against us if Lindelof is playing!

The security at Old Trafford isn't as bad that's being made out. The only thing I will say, is that you usually get searched up to three times, once if you are coming over the bridge from the canal, once when you are on the footprint ( usually around the Holy trinity statue) and lastly when you go to the turnstiles. Getting in to Old Trafford, your best bet is to park a few miles away from the stadium and walk in if you can, there are many unofficial match day car parks that are anywhere between £5-£10 and these are all usually manned and hassle free!

Anyway, have a safe journey up, enjoy the day out (hopefully not the result) and I look forward to coming to The Amex in May( lovely stadium by the way, one of my colleagues is an albion fan and we went to the leeds game last year)

Do you think Murray must score

Hi All,

No really! Where's your cockney reds?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here