Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Poyet on Poogate

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
“It was a lucky poo. It was in their dressing room and they won!”

I'm applying for next years apprentice. When it's my turn to be project manager, I'm just going to do a poo on the table and let the rest of it take care of itself.

Last edited:

SAC

May 21, 2014
It certainly fired them up. That Palace coach driver needs to get hired by companies instead of motivational speakers.

Just give him a bhuna, a conference room and let him inspire the employees with his lucky bum presents

If it is true (what the palace captain said) and the players all knew, I can't see how it would fire them up. That would only work if they didn't know and thought it was deliberate.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
“If I knew, I would get the person because that incident has affected my career.

The only thing that affected Poyet’s career was his own massive ego. We were never good enough for him, hence all the touting and the frankly disgusting and disrespectful post match interview. He is in denial....and out of work.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If I knew, I would get the person because that incident has affected my career.

The only thing that affected Poyet’s career was his own massive ego. We were never good enough for him, hence all the touting and the frankly disgusting and disrespectful post match interview. He is in denial....and out of work.

Someone should tell him.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
If it is true (what the palace captain said) and the players all knew, I can't see how it would fire them up. That would only work if they didn't know and thought it was deliberate.

I don't think they knew at the time, it has all come out (pardon the pun), after the event.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I don't think they knew at the time, it has all come out (pardon the pun), after the event.

It was known very soon after the game(as in, a matter of days), but not before the match.

Holloway's rage is not an act. He definitely didn't know at the time.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The reaction to what occurred during and after that match amazes me even now. When people (on our side) think of the game, what do they remember?

Clackers, and Poogate, that’s what.

We lost that game because we played dismally in the second half, after appearing the better side for the first half and much of the first leg. The Albion came out for the second half at the Amex and were clueless and rudderless. Under any normal circumstances, fans would be questioning what on earth the manager had said to his team at half time, querying both his tactical acumen and his motivational skills. Instead, we still talk fearfullyof clackers like they actually had some physical impact upon events, and of somebody with a stomach upset not quite making it to the toilet.

It was Poyet who raised both issues after the game, albeit in an internal email, but I wouldn’t mind betting it was him- or his people- who leaked it (the email, not the, er, other) to the media. Either way, it was an episode of blame-dodging that Harry Redknapp would be proud of, and to this day, I can’t understand how Poyet STILL seems to avoid being held responsible for the on-field performance.

I don’t particularly want to have clackers at the Amex, but they were considerably less culpable for that defeat than our manager on the night.

It’s really time to see Poyet’s outburst for what it transparently was, folks, a bloody enormous smoke-screen to disguise his own ineptitude when it came to the crunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes Gus, that's what ruined your career, not the pissy tantrum straight after what was conceivably our worst ever loss.

Our worst ever loss? Really? Did you go to Sudbury? Kingstonians? Any game at gillingham? The last few seasons at the goldstone? Losing 4-1 at bath when playing against Bristol rovers in 1992? I have attended some horrendous losses compared to a play off loss...palace away 5-0 !!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The reaction to what occurred during and after that match amazes me even now. When people (on our side) think of the game, what do they remember?
I remember Barnes hitting the bar and Ward clearing off the line, then Bolasie putting in a good cross for Zaha.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Poor reporting. Faeces were not smeared on the walls, but all over the toilet pan and floor, which is consistent with someone having a bad stomach accident.

I can confirm that I too have had a bad stomach before but yet have NEVER shat on the floor.

Although I have managed to get it on the ceiling before.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Our worst ever loss? Really? Did you go to Sudbury? Kingstonians? Any game at gillingham? The last few seasons at the goldstone? Losing 4-1 at bath when playing against Bristol rovers in 1992? I have attended some horrendous losses compared to a play off loss...palace away 5-0 !!!

Given what was at stake and the opposition, I would say it was our worst ever loss.

Sudbury, Kingstonian, and the 5-0 at Palace were embarrassing. That play-off defeat to our arch rivals in front of a packed Amex and live TV was truly gutting in terms of what the defeat meant at the time.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Poyet's a nutter with no class, and his own worst enemy. Can anyone imagine Chris Hughton acting like that under similar circumstances? No? Thought not.

It's sad in a way because I want to be able to remember all the good things that happened under GP's watch. But I can't because he's a total bellend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here