Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Getting into Man United

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sometimes I'm glad that I don't get to football matches very much any more. I know security is important, but all this buy in advance, turn up with identity, don't take anything to entertain you on a long train journey..........sigh! The world's changing, I'm too old to! Bring on NSC and BBC text commentary!
First Albion match I went to, I had a duffle bag on me with my football kit in it (I bunked off the coach on the way back from a school match) - God knows what sort of ruckus that would cause today!

One advantage of going on the coach is leaving personal items on it, as the driver stays with it. Not that I'm going to Old Trafford on the coach, this time.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Are you bragging that you don't need the Advance fare? x

No, we had loose plans to make a weekend of it so I didn't book the train. Now we're not, I need the train.

It's exactly the same price today as it was when others I know booked on 18th October so I've not lost anything for my tardiness.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
One advantage of going on the coach is leaving personal items on it, as the driver stays with it. Not that I'm going to Old Trafford on the coach, this time.
Fair point. I guess you can leave stuff in a car too, if you drive there. Sorry - I'm just a dinosaur, I know, but football to me is rolling up and paying money at the turnstile and squeezing through (only it wasn't so much of a squeeze back in the day!)

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I'm not suggesting it is a threat, but the security is clearly at a very high level.

Anyway, this has just reminded me I've not booked my train yet. I best do that before worrying about anything else.

Why didn't you do this when you got your ticket? It's gonna cost a fortune.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I would imagine a phone charger similar to the one I've got (same size as the phone but very heavy) will be classified as an offensive weapon and could hurt someone if thrown.
Another advantage of the coach. Bag with sarnies, crisps and drink waiting for my return. I'll be tucking in whilst the trainies are knocking back their third beer.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I would imagine a phone charger similar to the one I've got (same size as the phone but very heavy) will be classified as an offensive weapon and could hurt someone if thrown.
Another advantage of the coach. Bag with sarnies, crisps and drink waiting for my return. I'll be tucking in whilst the trainies are knocking back their third beer.

Third beer? You're kidding! I'd have done those on the platform before getting on :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
To be clear you cannot take an iPad in the ground - normal or Mini

FFS

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Presuming from the advice you can take a bag in that is bigger than a crutch bag, whatever that is, but smaller than a suitcase.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Sadly a sign of the times.

I measured my handbag yesterday & it’s too big. Staying at my brothers but can’t get to his before, looking into the possibility of a bag drop at Manchester Piccadilly. Other wise i’m a bit screwed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here