Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Girls not girls & boys not boys! Gender neutrality !

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
With all this talk of not calling girls, girls and boys,
Boys because it puts them under pressure to behave in a certain way. Am I the only one that thinks this is total BS and all this gender talk is nonsense.

I understand a very small percentage of children have mental health issues regarding gender and I agree they do need to get professional help but the vast majority of children don’t have issues with their gender!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I agree, totally pathetic.
Boys are boys, girls are girls, end of discussion.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I think most of the debate around gender centres around the pre-conceived notions of what boys and girls should be. Girls especially are pigeonholed at such an early age and it greatly effects their self-confidence and their early life aspirations and ambitions. Oh the flip side young boys struggle with dealing with their emotions.

Jan 30, 2008
With all this talk of not calling girls, girls and boys,
Boys because it puts them under pressure to behave in a certain way. Am I the only one that thinks this is total BS and all this gender talk is nonsense.

I understand a very small percentage of children have mental health issues regarding gender and I agree they do need to get professional help but the vast majority of children don’t have issues with their gender!
YEP , total and utter CRAP !!!!
regards
DR

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
Just watch this & you’ll never have to argue the point ever again.....!

I don’t agree with this guy on some other topics he talks about but on this, he’s spot on in my opinion. Biologically - men are men & women are women. The fact that a teacher has been suspended for being told to ignore that fact & call a girl a boy, is chuffing staggering. I wish all the best to anyone struggling with this issue (& I disagree it’s a mental condition, I do think you can be uncomfortable in your own body, in the same way that people have plastic surgery aren’t necessarily mentally ill). I just can’t believe other people can be sued/suspended etc for not following the biologically impossible!

And breathe....

https://youtu.be/NdDjS6kiTlA

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
In our company, there is a lady who wants to be called by the male equivalent of their name, because thats what they've requested how they want to be treated.
Doesn't really make any difference to me. :)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Its going further now, the recent one doing the rounds is an American bloke not only insisting he's a woman , but "identifies" as a Philipino woman. :ffsparr:

Last edited:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
In our company, there is a lady who wants to be called by the male equivalent of their name, because thats what they've requested how they want to be treated.
Doesn't really make any difference to me. :)

But does she insist on using the Men's toilet ???

I couldn't care less if a tiny minority of man want to be a woman or visa versa, its the fact that the whole of society has to pander too it, or must be prepared to be vilified if they don't.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012

I don’t agree with this guy on some other topics he talks about but on this, he’s spot on in my opinion. Biologically - men are men & women are women. The fact that a teacher has been suspended for being told to ignore that fact & call a girl a boy, is chuffing staggering. I wish all the best to anyone struggling with this issue (& I disagree it’s a mental condition, I do think you can be uncomfortable in your own body, in the same way that people have plastic surgery aren’t necessarily mentally ill). I just can’t believe other people can be sued/suspended etc for not following the biologically impossible!

And breathe....

As I understand it you can have a male or female brain while anatomically being the other gender.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

And breathe...

"For all of human history - boy meant boy and girl meant girl".

Wrong. He clearly has no concept of the history of the meaning of those two words. And from there, it's fairly obvious he isn't dealing with research or history or even the flawed notion of binary biology, he's dealing with his own agenda.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
But does she insist on using the Men's toilet ???

I couldn't care less if a tiny minority man want to be a woman or visa versa, its the fact that the whole of society has to pander too it, or must be prepared to be vilified if they don't.

Still using female I think.

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
Here’s a handy guide of what to call who when, just in case you get stuck......

Gender Neutral / Gender Inclusive Pronouns

A gender neutral or gender inclusive pronoun is a pronoun which does not associate a gender with the individual who is being discussed.

Some languages, such as English, do not have a gender neutral or third gender pronoun available, and this has been criticized, since in many instances, writers, speakers, etc. use “he/his” when referring to a generic individual in the third person. Also, the dichotomy of “he and she” in English does not leave room for other gender identities, which is a source of frustration to the transgender and gender queer communities.

People who are limited by languages which do not include gender neutral pronouns have attempted to create them, in the interest of greater equality.

HE/SHE HIM/HER HIS/HER HIS/HERS HIMSELF/HERSELF
zie zim zir zis zieself
sie sie hir hirs hirself
ey em eir eirs eirself
ve ver vis vers verself
tey ter tem ters terself
e em eir eirs emself

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

And breathe....

Yeah, as you say I think Shapiro can be too clinical and hardline on some other issues but I struggle not to agree with him here. My other concern is that also some of the very far left stuff will actually cause more mental problems growing up than the ones it purports to solve.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I wonder what some of the posters would think if one of their children (if they had any) decided that they would like to for example, it was a boy who then wanted to dress as a girl...just maybe they might see things differently and actually not be quite so damming..and they just might have to pause for thought

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
I wonder what some of the posters would think if one of their children (if they had any) decided that they would like to for example, it was a boy who then wanted to dress as a girl...just maybe they might see things differently and actually not be quite so damming.

I would support them 100% in whatever they want to do. I can absolutely guarantee though, that I wouldn’t complain to my kids school (6 weeks after the incident) that the teacher said ‘well done girls’ to a group of girls which included my daughter who now ‘identifies as a boy’. That is plain nuts in anyone’s book Shirley?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here