Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Girls not girls & boys not boys! Gender neutrality !

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
The media give us the stories we desire, most of it is crap and irrelevant. To me the media's output is a sad indictment of our society. People like to read about ridiculous things IHMO, although LGBT issues would be way down my list of banal rubbish peddled by the media.

Are there many documented cases of the confusion caused by LGBT issues? I have read this being mentioned a few times on this thread but am unsure if this is just an assumption or a real issue. I would be interested to know how this plays out and consider the reasons for this. confusion.

I'm not aware of documented cases of confusion I'm basing it solely on my own experience as a parent and someone with a lot of experience of dealing with kids and that is a lot of them have a hard time getting their heads around such issues, in most cases they just shrug their shoulders and carry on as before as its not something they can be arsed to worry about or indeed need to be. Kids are exceptionally good at just accepting people for what they are and like things kept simple, why we can't just educate them that some people are different but most are boys or girls is beyond me? Introducing such concepts as gender neutrality is pretty pointless to a 9 year old more interested in match attax cards, pokemon or my little pony.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
You don’t just go to your GP and announce you want to have the op and it’s done next week. It’s often two years of psychiatric assessments and living as that sex before dates are penned in.

Clear research from all cultures and backgrounds show that often the longer you live this secret life the more psychological harm done.

Before things were done behind closed doors, now it’s just more open.

No one is trying or would even let a tom boy transition, it’s a huge commitment on both sides and not undertaken lightly, people are simply asking for more acceptance.

Two points I’ll ask you to think about,

Don’t we all have gender neutral toilets in our homes? Why is it now an issue in public places?

Secondly I see it as being gay, it’s not a choice it’s just who you are, and that in time it’ll be accepted as such. I’m sure much of the same stuff was said when being gay was scary and `new’.

Recently spent a long time with a Trans Middlesbrough fan who was lovely, but felt so unwelcome on her own football forum and would never dare go to the Riverside now. How is that right or fair? This is a real fan who has loved them since childhood. So if there’s anyone here who is in a similar predicament you can always PM me for a chat.

Edit: Just to add that’s why I think the rainbow is a perfect representation of the LGBTQ world, it’s a spectrum and people sit in different places on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent post :thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't necessarily go along with quite such a hard line view, but yes, by and large it is true that if you have a willy you're a boy. The rare cases where the norms of gender being defined as whether you have a willy or not do not apply do need to be identified, and treated kindly, effectively and sympathetically - but this should be reactive rather than pro-active; teachers and other professionals can and should be trained to look out for it - but telling lots of 'normal' (but by now quite confused) little boys in junior school that just because they've got willies they might not be proper boys isn't, IMHO, the answer.

And do you think teachers and professionals cannot spot children who do not show the recognised signs? My wife has been a ta for over 25 years and has seen a huge rise in training and awareness courses about this issue. She reckons you can spot a child even when the first come into the school who fit this LGBT criteria and she can target the requirements that entails.

Some may say that this is making people out as special, but even at a very young age, children need support and understanding.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And do you think teachers and professionals cannot spot children who do not show the recognised signs? My wife has been a ta for over 25 years and has seen a huge rise in training and awareness courses about this issue. She reckons you can spot a child even when the first come into the school who fit this LGBT criteria and she can target the requirements that entails.

Some may say that this is making people out as special, but even at a very young age, children need support and understanding.
And where did I say they couldn't? I said they should and can be trained - do you not agree?

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Utter rubbish .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Interesting to hear that Liam Rosenior's daughter who I think he said was 6, identifies as a boy, but born a girl.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The trouble started when sex was replaced with gender, iow identity usurped biology. Biology is outward looking, put bluntly who you want to screw. Gender as a subset of identity politics which is inward looking, this preys on the narcassistic, gullable and those not sure of themselves, ie the young.

This is not good for the young or countries with to low birthrates. Because Traps are messed up in the head(slightly different issue), their solution is everyone else should think their way, ie messed up in the head.

For this and other reasons this is not going to end well.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
It's a balance isn't it. If you start forcing choices on young children as to who or how they identify themselves, we might cause more harm than good.

I think it's fine to teach "norms" at school and also educate about exceptions to that norm. MOST people are straight, MOST people identify as the gender they were born as. But if you feel different, that's also fine. Teach kids that and you stop creating that environment where you have to fall in line and you reduce the stigma on being different.

I think that's all we need. To listen to what psychologists and scientists are telling us. Help kids who need help. And accept things which maybe we find too hard to understand.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I think most of the debate around gender centres around the pre-conceived notions of what boys and girls should be. Girls especially are pigeonholed at such an early age and it greatly effects their self-confidence and their early life aspirations and ambitions. Oh the flip side young boys struggle with dealing with their emotions.

I recently listened to Robert Webb's audiobook, which is autobiographical but goes into the issue of the pressures that are forced on boys and girls to conform to their generic gender stereotypes in some detail throughout. I'm generally very conservative in my views but I found his insight really interesting and was surprised to find that I agreed with a lot of his thoughts. Great listen as well, highly recommend it.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
No business of mine what gender someone identifies as. No business of theirs what gender I identify as.

I sometimes get the impression that this sort of thing is usually passed off as something the modern world has caused. That we've all become too bleedin' soft. And to an extent I agree but not in those terms. The modern world has become more inclusive and understanding and so transgender people feel comfortable enough to live their life the way they want to.

These sorts of identity crises have probably been happening throughout human history it's just now we've, by and large, reached a point where we're more receptive to it. Some of us anyway.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Yes we do - we have them or they which can be used for singular people when necessary. The French might have a problem - everything there has to be masculine or feminine. In French, tables are blokes; chairs are birds. Mental.
Wonder what they put in front of their word for a transsexual - le or la?

les?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I think some posters need to research the difference between sex and gender before they launch into the debate! Of course the vast majority of people are born with a set sex, gender is socially constructed ideas however which can change over time and from place to place. You only have to look at the ridiculously high make suicide rates and high levels of female anorexia do understand that early gender stereotypes we set our sons and daughters can be devastatingly damaging.

and male

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You have surpassed yourself with this one TB

I'm just telling the truth. Todays young men are too effeminate. A product of the school systems going full left wing feminist shit lord on society.

They shut all the trade schools down and forced boys into regular schools to start learning under methods perfectly suited to girl students.

So either change the boys into thinking and acting like little girls or the boys just fall behind or out of the system all together.

They ****ing well banned everything boys used to like doing in playgrounds.

All these beta males are the product of this social engineering.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm just telling the truth. Todays young men are too effeminate. A product of the school systems going full left wing feminist shit lord on society.

They shut all the trade schools down and forced boys into regular schools to start learning under methods perfectly suited to girl students.

So either change the boys into thinking and acting like little girls or the boys just fall behind or out of the system all together.

They ****ing well banned everything boys used to like doing in playgrounds.

All these beta males are the product of this social engineering.

Sounds like bitter macho bullshit to me.

Plenty of blokey macho meathead blokes around as far as I can see (I assume this is what you mean by Alpha Males). Plenty of tradies around too. If that is what you are into I am sure you can surround yourself with them. Noot sure how you can all be the alpha male though, i thought they were like Highlander 'there can be only one'. Thankfully I never got involved in that kind of playground bullshit.

Anyway each to their own, I am just not sure what your post had to do with the subject matter at hand. Carry on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here