Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] John Osborne RIP

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Many of you who follow the Albion and England home and away will probably know John who sadly and suddenly passed away Sunday, aged just 55. He was one of those fans whose devotion to the Albion knew no bounds.

The last match he missed was away to Swansea in the LDV trophy in 2001, and I don't think he ever missed a home game from when he first started watching the club in the 70's. He always brought his Albion and England BN3 flag to away matches where it would be on display regardless of the weather or the result. Being promoted last season, and seeing the Albion in the top flight meant a lot to him, as he was one of those who saw us in the dark days at Gillingham.

John was also a massive England fan too, and he followed them with pride all over the globe, competitions and friendlies, including many World Cups and European Championships, including Brazil in 2014 and France last year.

More importantly than that, he was a great bloke. It's easy to be glib and say nice things about people who pass away, but in John's case it was true. He was funny, kind, stylish, had great taste in music and fashion, and just someone whose company you always looked forward to and enjoyed.

He had a season ticket in the front row of the WSU along with his son Sam, who is also an Albion regular home and away. I've know John since I was twelve years old, standing with him, his old man and his sister in the Chicken Run.

He will be greatly missed by everyone who knew him.

John and Sam.JPG

Sam and Flag.JPG

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Spoke to him and Sam many times at matches over many years.

Tragic. Condolences to family and friends. I’m shocked

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Many of you who follow the Albion and England home and away will probably know John who sadly and suddenly passed away Sunday, aged just 55. He was one of those fans whose devotion to the Albion knew no bounds.

The last match he missed was away to Swansea in the LDV trophy in 2001, and I don't think he ever missed a home game from when he first started watching the club in the 70's. He always brought his Albion and England BN3 flag to away matches where it would be on display regardless of the weather or the result. Being promoted last season, and seeing the Albion in the top flight meant a lot to him, as he was one of those who saw us in the dark days at Gillingham.

John was also a massive England fan too, and he followed them with pride all over the globe, competitions and friendlies, including many World Cups and European Championships, including Brazil in 2014 and France last year.

More importantly than that, he was a great bloke. It's easy to be glib and say nice things about people who pass away, but in John's case it was true. He was funny, kind, stylish, had great taste in music and fashion, and just someone whose company you always looked forward to and enjoyed.

He had a season ticket in the front row of the WSU along with his son Sam, who is also an Albion regular home and away. I've know John since I was twelve years old, standing with him, his old man and his sister in the Chicken Run.

He will be greatly missed by everyone who knew him.
Excellent obituary. Never knew the gentleman myself, but condolences to his friends and family. RIP.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I knew John only a little, from seeing him at away days from time to time. What dreadful news. RIP John; condolences to family and friends.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am totally shocked, known John since both our kids were U8s and mine was ASC Strikers and Sam was Hove Park Colts and they are both now 25.

RIP

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I'd like to echo EP's sentiments. I am fortunate to have known John since BHASVIC days and a kinder, more reliable bloke you could not find.

His dedication to the Albion was unlimited but he was very unassuming about it. He will be much missed.

Thoughts very much with Sam and John's whole family.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Very sad news. I did not know him to talk to but I recognise him as I also sit in the WSU front row and stood to let him pass at every home game. RIP.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sincere condolences to your family, RIP fella.

CC2

Nov 9, 2008
Absolutely stunned when I heard this terrible news late on Monday night. I knew John from both Albion away games and travelling with England, he was such a lovely calm bloke, always good to talk to, I last saw him at West Ham away, we chatted on the way back to the tube station.

RIP John.

Manaus.jpg

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Recognise him from Away games... So sad..RIP fella and my thoughts are with the family.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
How dreadfully sad at age 55.Glad he saw Albion return to the top flight,R.I.P.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Perfectly put El Presidente. Indeed it is very very sad news. I have known both John and Sam for a number of years, both following the Albion and England. A lovely guy and I will miss him big time. Here are a few pictures from around the world, John and Sam proudly flew the Albion flag in many a country. RIP mate. Brazil.jpgUk1.jpgUK2.jpgUK3.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here