Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] John Osborne RIP

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Sad news and my thoughts are with his family. I met John and Sam on a number of occasions through a mutual friend and he was a genuinely nice bloke.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
RIP John , my thoughts go out to Sam and his family .

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This is terrible news. I used to commute up to London from Portslade and every day we would chat about the albion and football in general. I sat with him many times and a nicer guy you couldn't meet.

55 is no age and someone who obviously lived life to the full through football. His son is also a lovely guy and I so enjoyed our chats at home and away games before we lost touch when I stopped commuting and the move to the Amex spread so many friends out all over the stadium. Another one of the Albion family gone too soon

RIP you lovely man and my thoughts are with Sam and your family.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Always sad to lose one of our own. I didn't know John but recognise him from the WSU and Mr Blobby's England photos. Thoughts and love to all his friends and family.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Shocked. I got to know John as an away day regular. We often passed each other in our cars on many a motorway. Quiet and unassuming, lovely ordinary bloke who absolutely loved the Albion. RIP John.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
So sad to pass away at such a young age.

He certainly led a fulfilled life with supporting Brighton and Hove Albion through the good and bad + England abroad many times. I genuinely feel upset for someone I never met but touched so many lives including a lot on NSC.

Thoughts are with his family and many, many friends at a very difficult time.

RIP John Osborne. :angel:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Gosh that's a shocker - to have been so regular and reliable for all those years, home and away, shows dedication beyond all doubt - what an achievement !

Deepest condolences to all family and friends at this sad and difficult time.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Very sad news, I knew John a little from chatting on the daily commute from time to time and also when bumping into him at away games.

I know ovations are overdone these days at games, but if anyone deserved one for their dedication to supporting the Albion it is John.

RIP

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Sad news indeed. I didnt know him but EP's opening post describes a lovely, dedicated Albion fan.
RIP John

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here