Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Hammond's Budget

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
"My Scottish Conservative colleagues have persuaded me that the Scottish people should not lose out because of the obstinancy of SNP" - Hammond abolishes VAT on Police and Fire services in Scotland next year.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
The long term growth forecast here is the big story. Sheesh. Wait for someone to compare to other developed economies and the countries of the EU.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Income inequality today is at its lowest level for 30 years.

A Conservative Government delivering a fairer Britain.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
From April 2018, the personal allowance will rise to £11,850, meaning the typical basic rate tax payer will be £1,075 a year better off compared to 2010

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
From April 2018, the personal allowance will rise to £11,850, meaning the typical basic rate tax payer will be £1,075 a year better off compared to 2010
That will please my boss, he will just point to the increase in personal allowance as being enough of a pay rise... That's the other side of the Tories subsidising low paying employers.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The long term growth forecast here is the big story. Sheesh. Wait for someone to compare to other developed economies and the countries of the EU.

I reckon a deficit of 5% over this parliament, pretty impressive

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
£3.75bn extra for the NHS inc £300m immediately to prepare for this years winter crisis. Plus £10 billion of capital investment in this Parliament.

Obviously not enough, it never will be, but a move in the right direction.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
NHS to get an extra £10bn capital investment over this parliament.

And NHS to get an extra £3.75bn this year for its current budget. Some £2.8bn will be for the NHS in England.

Hammond also says he will provide extra funding for NHS pay.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Cigarettes up by inflation plus 2% - so around 6% making a pack around £9. Good move.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Pre-Brexit Growth HM Treasury 2015:
QZrGufh.png

Post-Brexit Growth HM Treasury 2017:
DPO5thFW4AAMLHc.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Impressive so far

Hold your horses, there's a small group (and we all know who they are) waiting for the left-leaning media to write this up so they can copy and paste those views as their own.

It's as certain as the party who lost the last election once again telling the current government to step aside as if elections don't count for anything in this country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here