Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Ezequiel Schelotto really 'The Greyhound'

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's not just Schelotto's greyhound tendency - I'm actually wondering whether Izquierdo is quite as fast as he's made out to be. There have been a few occasions when there's been plenty of grass ahead of him and I've been hoping to see the afterburners switched on but instead he only wants to cut inside and rival clubs' analysts will know all about that. Whereas knowing about his alleged pace and being able to do anything about it are two different things ...

The solution to this is to play him on the right. When you do this can happen - the goal that actually excited me about signing Izquierdo.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
It's not just Schelotto's greyhound tendency - I'm actually wondering whether Izquierdo is quite as fast as he's made out to be. There have been a few occasions when there's been plenty of grass ahead of him and I've been hoping to see the afterburners switched on but instead he only wants to cut inside and rival clubs' analysts will know all about that. Whereas knowing about his alleged pace and being able to do anything about it are two different things ...

Could it be that Izy has to cut inside in order to shoot or pass with his right peg when playing right wing .

No point heading for the goal line and whipping in a cross if the left isn't up to the job .

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

Could it be that Izy has to cut inside in order to shoot or pass with his right peg when playing right wing .

No point heading for the goal line and whipping in a cross if the left isn't up to the job .

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
The Spagetti Western defender......hes good.....bad.....but not ugly�� Schelotto. ....not Izzy

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Oddest technique I've seen in a player for a while, when he made the cut in and attempted cross/pass with the outside of the boot.

Clearly only one footed, he could have shot with his left but tried a comedy right footed cross.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

He did cross with his left once against Stoke, when Murray had that air shot. But I agree, it didn't look natural.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That' s the next name sorted for the NSC greyhound syndicate then: Albion Greyhound.

Still think Albion Kebabs sounds better though :moo:

Well once the greyhounds retire they get turned into doner meat so it's 2 sides of the same coin really.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Unlike NSC to moan about a new player before he has had the chance to play more than a few minutes

Quite, he is obviously a shit waste of money. A 10 minute cameo is clearly enough time to be able to come to this decision.

I liked the way he cut in and left a defender for dead before crossing though. All downhill from there.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Hes more like an Afghan hound than a greyhound - looks good to me - hes got pace and pace is what we need all over the pitch

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
We have lost the dagger,now we have the stiletto.Think he will be the recruitment team's superstar.

Thecoffeecake

Oct 10, 2017
Philadelphia
He's got one cap for Italy, couldn't cut it at Inter, and even his highlight films make him look reckless and less than highly talented.

But the man looks like a pirate, I want to see what he's got.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Quite, he is obviously a shit waste of money. A 10 minute cameo is clearly enough time to be able to come to this decision.

I liked the way he cut in and left a defender for dead before crossing though. All downhill from there.

Is anyone really slagging him off?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is anyone really slagging him off?

No but a few are questioning if he is actually any good, the slagging will come after 30 mins against a top six side probably :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here