Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] New Caravan Park in Croydon?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Crystal Palace to make 'major' stadium announcement before Christmas, Steve Parish confirms

Chrystal Palace chairman Steve Parish has told fans they can expect a 'major announcement' regarding stadium developments before Christmas.

In January 2011, Parish targeted the National Sports Centre - just over two miles from Selhurst Park - as a development site for a new 40,000-seat stadium, but those plans are yet to come to fruition.

Speaking at Boxpark, where he was joined by manager Roy Hodgson and a number of senior players, Parish did not let on as to whether or not the announcement would involve relocation or redevelopment of Selhurst Park.

According to the Croydon Advertiser, Parish said: "We've been working very hard for a long time, to try and get the right idea and we think we've now got it, so this side of Christmas there will be a major announcement.

"When I came into this thing, the aim was to bring something for all of us to be proud of on the pitch and very importantly off the pitch.

"We want to give everybody in Croydon a south London stadium that we can all be proud of and not lose our atmosphere and uniqueness in League 1.

"That's a dream for me, a lifelong dream and one that hopefully everybody will share when they see what we've put together.

"It's fantastically exciting times for us to look forward to."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/crystal-palace-major-stadium-announcement-before-christmas-steve-parish-confirms-a3697916.html

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
geByLWv.jpg

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I do get some insider knowledge and I can confirm the secret building of a new stadium 'to be proud of'.

palace.jpg

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I do get some insider knowledge and I can confirm the secret building of a new stadium 'to be proud of'.

View attachment 91348

Whilst I welcome in general clubs upgrading their current stadiums to meet the modern aspirations of their fans, that artists impression of their new one does appear to be rather over ambitious by Palace standards.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Makes sense, provided they pay market value for the site and get no public subsidy. Transport likely to be a challenge for planning for 40k.

Personally, anything that prevents me having to go to that death trap s**thole Arfur Weight is alright by me.

PG

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'll be very happy if they replace the godforsaken grimness of the Arthur Waite stand.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Maybe it's me, but I've never understood the caravan/p**** relevance to Palace (word starred out because it is now classed as racist)

I can understand the Millwall reference to stripey Nigels (boring suburbian dwellers), but caravans in Croydon? Gillingham is more understandable.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This should be a laugh then.

More pie-in-the-sky stuff, no doubt another back of a fag packet idea. They've been bullshitting about this new stadium idea for years. They clearly don't have men of the calibre and determination of Dick Knight, Martin Perry, Derek Chapman and Tony Bloom to deliver a project of this size. All they've got is the Disney prince (a reluctant chairman who's been wanting out for years), a couple of his mates, some distant American investors who have comprehensively proved that everything they touch rapidly turns to shit...and Mark not-so Bright. In other words, a bunch of jokers and chancers who between them wouldn't have the first idea how to get this off the ground.

At best they'll put a new roof on the Arfur Waite, and maybe a new toilet block out the back.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Maybe it's me, but I've never understood the caravan/p**** relevance to Palace (word starred out because it is now classed as racist)

I can understand the Millwall reference to stripey NigeLLLLLLs (boring suburbian dwellers), but caravans in Croydon? Gillingham is more understandable.

I'm always surprised and disappointed this casual racism has become acceptable on NSC.

Hopefully we are staying at Selhurst and redeveloping it in stages, Don't fancy a ground down the Purley way with no pubs and a park and ride, Just not the way football should be.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'm always surprised and disappointed this casual racism has become acceptable on NSC.

Hopefully we are staying at Selhurst and redeveloping it in stages, Don't fancy a ground down the Purley way with no pubs and a park and ride, Just not the way football should be.

er....if you're so disappointed why not fkuc off?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
This is all rather exciting. I've heard the plans of the redevelopment have been seen by a few people and the general opinion is one of approval. I haven't seen these yet but as long as we don't have wonky roofs I will be happy .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This is all rather exciting. I've heard the plans of the redevelopment have been seen by a few people and the general opinion is one of approval. I haven't seen these yet but as long as we don't have wonky roofs I will be happy .
Wonky roofs are great.

Is the woeful Arthur Waite being razed to the ground and rebuilt ?

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013

Don't you go worrying about wonky roofs as there won't be any new roofs to worry about. I'm sure a planning application will go in for a totally unrealistic site which won't get approved, and after relegation you won't be able to raise the finance. So you can look forward to many more years amongst your random collection of mis-matched cow-sheds...:ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here