Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jimmy Melia

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Didn't look a day older that when he led us out at Wembley
Never realized he was pretty young when he was our boss man
Shook the great man's hands last night shortly after his interview as he was walking up through the lower west stand
Looked as fit as a fiddle

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
He's 80 apparently,or so the Sky commentator said.Surprised you recognised him under that hat!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When showing a pitch side interview on the big screen why can they not follow the example of the TV companies and superimpose the persons name on the big screen. TV companies do it even for news reporters so it cannot be that difficult to do I wouldnt think. Like Jimmy Melia or Andrew Croft it was obvious but there are many times that they interview what seems to be a member of the public who represent some body or charity and it would be good to know who they are or what they represent.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
When showing a pitch side interview on the big screen why can they not follow the example of the TV companies and superimpose the persons name on the big screen. TV companies do it even for news reporters so it cannot be that difficult to do I wouldnt think. Like Jimmy Melia or Andrew Croft it was obvious but there are many times that they interview what seems to be a member of the public who represent some body or charity and it would be good to know who they are or what they represent.

As I was reading that I was thinking 'I wonder who wrote that?'

Kidding - no I wasn't :facepalm:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The same applies irrespective of colour , creed or sex. Many times I do not hear who it is being interviewed and ask those around me and most times they say I dont know.

It's funny because at the start of the interview, they always announce who it is or what they represent.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Anyway, back on topic although I am sure the current BG distraction is a fascinating point. :shootself

I was delighted to see Jimmy Melia yesterday. Although we were relegated, that cup run was the most exciting point of my time watching the Albion including the Wardy years several years before. I absolutely LOVE Jimmy. Such an enthusiastic and genuine lover of the beautiful game.

Shorehamkid

Aug 3, 2011
He's 80 apparently,or so the Sky commentator said.Surprised you recognised him under that hat!

Flicked through the game when I got home... did anyone else notice said Sky commentator, the usually very knowledgeable Alan Parry, said Melia led the Albion to the FA Cup Final in the 70's? Either I need to get out more or he needs to get a very simple fact correct. Bit of both I'd say.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The same applies irrespective of colour , creed or sex. .

So you are now asking for their skin colour and religion as well as their name to be emblazoned across the screen?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm with BG on this. East Upper and half the time we cant hear what is being said anyway. Someone being interviewed either pre match or at half time always has to compete with the chatter of fans. Many times I've joined an interview after hearing a sentence and asked who it was.
Opposite with Jimmy. Recognised his voice straight away. Should have been a half time chat when more are able to listen.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I hadn't seen the use of the word 'creed' much in my circles of late.
It's a 'well rad' use on this thread. Ace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here