Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Advice/suggestion for anyone driving to Manchester on Saturday

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Plenty of places to park on Trafford Park quite near the ground if you don't mind an hour and half wait to get anywhere after the game!! Parking at Altrincham or Sale is a good shout and getting on tram. Or parking up in Wilmslow and getting on the train that stops at the Manchester United Station right outside the away end. Think there is only a couple trains to and from the ground on match days and go via Piccadilly.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
A really easy ground to get to and from on public transport, not sure why so many want to drive when Manchester has such good food and drink choices to enjoy

Cant speak for everyone obv, but its usually far cheaper nowadays for a few to share a car journey and petrol as opposed to train fares.
For us we have scored the car park right opposite the away entrance, result considering we have a wheelchair bound fan with us. Happy to take the hit of waiting for ages to get out.
Quite jealous of all those that will be partaking of Manchesters pubs prior to this, wish i was in the mix for this one, its great fun for a footy day out.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Cant speak for everyone obv, but its usually far cheaper nowadays for a few to share a car journey and petrol as opposed to train fares.
For us we have scored the car park right opposite the away entrance, result considering we have a wheelchair bound fan with us. Happy to take the hit of waiting for ages to get out.
Quite jealous of all those that will be partaking of Manchesters pubs prior to this, wish i was in the mix for this one, its great fun for a footy day out.

Good luck with getting out - seriously.

Give yourself plenty of time both ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Imagine that'll be pretty horrendous with black Friday/ Christmas shopping.

That is a very good point actually and one i did not even think about.

He lives in the lake district and is a season ticket holder at United, he says it is the best way to get on and off the motorways etc for him anyway.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
A really easy ground to get to and from on public transport, not sure why so many want to drive

4 people sharing a car up is a heck of a lot cheaper than each of them buying train tickets, especially if they haven't bought tickets ages in advance. Coach takes forever for a journey like that. So if you're on a budget sharing fuel costs for the journey is best option.

*edit* Arse didn't see someone else already said exactly this just a few up..

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
4 people sharing a car up is a heck of a lot cheaper than each of them buying train tickets, especially if they haven't bought tickets ages in advance. Coach takes forever for a journey like that. So if you're on a budget sharing fuel costs for the journey is best option.

*edit* Arse didn't see someone else already said exactly this just a few up..

Away days are still much more fun a few of you on a train and a sack of beers

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Away days are still much more fun a few of you on a train and a sack of beers

I'm with you on that one but you weren't sure why folks might drive and saving money is a pretty good reason.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here