Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Timing the goal kicks North Stand style

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
I rather like the counting of how many seconds it takes the keeper to take a goal kick.

This would surely put pressure on the referee to deal with time wasters when the number keeps increasing.

Keep it up North Stand!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
How about this rule change to stop time wasting?

For ever second a player is down, supposedly injured, and then has to go off the pitch before being allowed back on... How about the 4th official times how long from him going down to getting off the pitch and that's exactly the time he then has to wait before being allowed back on again?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Perfect way of highlighting the keeper's relentless dishonest time-wasting AND shaming the referee's relentless ineptitude. **** should have been booked for it before halftime. The North Stand count got to 12 or 13 a couple of times in the second half, and OK the actual counting seconds might have been slightly off, but over the course of the game that keeper wasted a minimum of a few full minutes of the game we'd paid to see.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I don't, cringey as ****.

Along with that stupid slow clap thing as well if someone is down injured.

American nonsense.

Agree, just makes us look stupid. At least with the white line for free licks these days we don't get the counting out of the 10 yards for the wall.

Last night the time wasting by the keeper just showed how poor Mason was. If he had clamped down on it in the 1st half and produced a yellow card after warning the keeper, that would have been the end of the time wasting.

It also highlights that time added on at the end of the half doesn't reflect the timewasting. In the second half 3 minutes were added. but we had one goal 6 substitutes and an on field injury. my understanding is 30 seconds to be added for each substitution, which is 3 minutes, plus another 2 minutes for the goal and injury, the probably a further 5 minutes for time wasting.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
How about this rule change to stop time wasting?

For ever second a player is down, supposedly injured, and then has to go off the pitch before being allowed back on... How about the 4th official times how long from him going down to getting off the pitch and that's exactly the time he then has to wait before being allowed back on again?

A bit unfair on a player that has been genuinely fouled and injured.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Disagree. In the absence of the referee doing his job properly, how else does blatant and continual time-wasting by a keeper get flagged up? Hopefully the North Stand counting was picked up on the broadcast and will form part of the (hopefully-submitted) evidence against the totally inept performance of the referee.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Disagree. In the absence of the referee doing his job properly, how else does blatant and continual time-wasting by a keeper get flagged up? Hopefully the North Stand counting was picked up on the broadcast and will form part of the (hopefully-submitted) evidence against the totally inept performance of the referee.

All teams waste time at some point during the season.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
I was watching the match on Bein sports and the commentators were saying the 6 second rule still applies and that the Stoke keeper broke that every time he had the ball from the start of the game,even they were moaning about it,also they went mad when the penalty was not given,to quote their words he has totally lost the plot !

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Agree, just makes us look stupid.

I'm genuinely confused how the crowd proving to the referee that the keeper is time wasting can somehow show them up as having low intelligence.

Cringey? Why are you so worried about what other people think? Do you honestly care if some other fan watches it on TV and thinks "I don't like that"? Why?

Brighton has such a weird fanbase, it really does. I honestly don't think other clubs seem to have this demographic where so many people are so worried about if they are cool are not when watching football.

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
It would be REALLY good if they didn't count at a speed of two seconds per second too.

The chant needs to be accurate, I propose "1 mississippi, 2 mississippi, .... or maybe "1 izquierdo, 2 izquierdo, ...." - or maybe the whole North Stand can do the Countdown theme?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I rather like the counting of how many seconds it takes the keeper to take a goal kick.

This would surely put pressure on the referee to deal with time wasters when the number keeps increasing.

Keep it up North Stand!
I agree, but it will only work if the counting doesn't speed up in typical Brighton style. If the fans rush through the numbers, the players and officials will understandably ignore them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here