Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Oumar Niasse: Everton striker charged for dive against Crystal Palace

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Everton striker Oumar Niasse has become the first Premier League player to be charged by the Football Association for "successful deception of a match official".

The Senegal international won a controversial penalty, after minimal contact from Scott Dann, in*Saturday's 2-2 draw with Crystal Palace,*with Leighton Baines scoring the penalty.

Niasse went on to score the equaliser at Selhurst Park.

He has until 18:00 GMT to respond."

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I hate diving and cheating in football. I make an exception in this case. Everton get weakened and the Red and Blue Shite lose 2 points.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
It wasn't that bad. He was avoiding contact in doing so,& there still was some contact

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Good ! Get the diving cheaters out of the game .

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Good , cheating wan ker , should come down heavy on players that cheat.

On a side note , I saw Mike Dean stealing the headlines at the weekend giving a free kick for a shirt pull . . . that never happened.

Arsenal scored from resulting free kick.

Mike Dean needs a ban

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
to be fair, even though it was against them, i called it a dive when i saw it. in the replay there was clear gap between players.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Good to see this happening. Needs to happen more often, and not just for penalty claims. So many examples last night of Stoke players throwing them self to the ground to win a free kick & slow the game down.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Yes I remember that awful dive by some Liverpool player at your place, what was his name now, wonder where he plays now, oh yeah I remember

As clear cut a spot kick as you'll see.

Screen-Shot-2016-03-07-at-13.00.58.png

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Surprised by that - he went down so easily, but Dann clearly stepped across him. A bit like Bernardo Silva against Burnley who got a knock on his foot and then went flying - he wasn't charged

He folded up his legs before Dann contacted him - point of contact below.

promo335302860_4159772.jpg

If he is banned then we get the worst of both worlds, as he won't be available against teams that we need to overhaul.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He folded up his legs before Dann contacted him - point of contact below.

promo335302860_4159772.jpg

If he is banned then we get the worst of both worlds, as he won't be available against teams that we need to overhaul.
These retrospective diving bans must be a worry for Wilf too I'd imagine.

:wink:

SAC

May 21, 2014
It's amazing that this is the first of the season in the PL. The more players are caught, the more likely they and others are to stop.

The punishment should be deduction of points gained from the match plus one more. That should be enough of an incentive for clubs to get their players to stop doing it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
that git who dived across solly yesterday conned the ref 100% last night.....:tosser::tosser::tosser: ( are we still able to do that without being banned)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Good ! Get the diving cheaters out of the game .

You lot would struggle to field 11 players every week if that happens.
[MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION] Just read your post, you beat me to it!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here