• Yes

Votes: 264 97.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 2.9%

• Total voters

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
... and this is another reason why the poll is pointless. 67% of all statistics are made up, and 82% of people know that.

3 people (so far) have voted NO PENALTY. Insert generic abusive term here.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Murray got clipped and went down. These days technically that is a penalty. Technically he should have got sent off afterwards.

We were not robbed in the game. Stoke were well worth their draw.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Mark Halsey said the ref got it horribly wrong-clear penalty.Good enough for me.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Murray got clipped and went down. These days technically that is a penalty. Technically he should have got sent off afterwards.

If the ref got it technically right in the first instance then the second instance wouldn't have happened - FACT

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Murray should have been sent off for a clear handball.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

I feel Murray specializes in drawing fouls and when in the box he always goes down. This makes it difficult for referees to know if Murray is truly brought down or is going overboard to draw the penalty. We would have over criticized this referee if he had given Stoke a penalty if their striker had gone down mysteriously in front of Dunk instead of scoring his goal. We can't have it both ways. Murray needs to stay on his feet when possible and referees will be less likely to let a possible penalty be excused.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

That was a penalty whether in 1967 or 2017. Strikers have always looked to invite fouls in the penalty area, if a foul is committed it is a penalty.

We were robbed of a penalty. Whether that is scored or changes the game, we'll never know. Stoke were worth a draw, not sure how that is relevant though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
RIDICULOUS non-decision on the penalty. My feeling on it was that he didn’t fancy giving it because then he’d have a decision to make on whether it was a red card as well (which it was, as Murray was in on goal). First he tried to “compromise” by awarding a corner, when the ball hadn’t even gone out. Then a goal kick, again, when the ball hadn’t even gone out. Then a word with the lino and eventually he settled on a handball against Murray, being as he grabbed the ball after he’d been fouled. Just an example of a ref digging himself into a terrible hole when the most obvious decision would have been the right one. Truly atrocious refereeing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I refuse to take part in a poll where there's no doubt. Now if you'd made it a public poll, that would have been worthwhile, just to see which idiots say no.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
RIDICULOUS non-decision on the penalty. My feeling on it was that he didn’t fancy giving it because then he’d have a decision to make on whether it was a red card as well (which it was, as Murray was in on goal).
I thought there was no need for a red if a penalty is given and the foul isn't complete cheating/dangerous or something?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
More pissed off with the referee assistant than the ref , ffs what’s the point of being called a referees assistant if he’s no going to assist ! Dock the goon his assistant wages and give him the lino pay only , muppet has cost us 2 points .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here