Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jose Izquierdo

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Yep I noticed that too. Other players getting on his back seemed to affect his decision making.

It shouldn't. We are full of bang average (premier league) joe's who cannot command top quality performances out of everyone else when they cannot perform like that themselves.

I think too much is being made out of this imo. Jose is an outstanding acquisition, and the other players know that.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
8 games 2 goals

Has been settling in so not too shoddy.

Over a season that's 8 goals from the wing.

Great to have in your locker for any team

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I've enjoyed his performances to be honest. Pace to burn, not afraid to shoot no matter what, defends well when called upon and 2 goals already. Obvious he's a rough diamond and there are things to work on. I'd be interested seeing march on left and Jose-Izquierdo down the right in a game both going outside the fullback at pace. If that isn't working both could swap and be on the side they can then cut in and shoot. Think AK could do with a little break but it's great to have 3 very good options

Funnell

Jan 10, 2012
I think he will come good once he adapts to the league and the players around him, clearly got a bit about him and lightening quick!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
He's been a handful in every appearance, partly because he often doesn't seem to know what he's going to do next himself. Just needs a bit more variation from the old 'cut in on the right foot' - but that'll come, I reckon. Makes things happen and that's what we really, really need.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Seems to be dividing opinions regarding his performance.

Personally, I thought he was our only real threat/outlet all game. Ok not everything he did came off, but he WAS causing problems for Stoke IMO.

I thought it was a very strange substitution bringing him off, if we had any intent on winning the game.
I thought the same, while Knocky and Bruno looked knackered on the right.

March didn't have long, but I didn't think it went well for him.

What was his muted celebration (and pushing others away when they touched his hair) all about? Is all ok in the Jose camp?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think his celebration has been taken out all context. Remember when Cantona scored a chip over the keeper into the top corner thenjust stood there, looked around with his collars up and milked it. Superb!!

Nobody questioned his "Non Celebration" as a sign he wasn't happy in any way.
Yeah, because that was a ****ing peach of a goal, and Eric was soaking up the glory of being a footballing god. Jose played a poor cross which came straight back to him and he put that in - nothing special about it at all. He may have had a reason, but it wasn't the same as Eric's.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I'm a big fan of Jose. He was our main outlet and threat last night he is absolutely terrifying for defenders.

The problem for our players is that they haven't got a clue what he is going to do at times. Sometimes his final pass/cross or shot is so wayward. He will get goal and assists but I think there will be a lot of frustration with him at times as well.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Yeah, because that was a ****ing peach of a goal, and Eric was soaking up the glory of being a footballing god. Jose played a poor cross which came straight back to him and he put that in - nothing special about it at all. He may have had a reason, but it wasn't the same as Eric's.

:)

Im in no way comparing the quality of the goals, just pointing out that perhaps his celebration, or lack of one, may not be quite what people are making it out to be.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I'm a big fan of Jose. He was our main outlet and threat last night he is absolutely terrifying for defenders.

The problem for our players is that they haven't got a clue what he is going to do at times. Sometimes his final pass/cross or shot is so wayward. He will get goal and assists but I think there will be a lot of frustration with him at times as well.

There's frustration with ALL players.

How do we answer the question of "not knowing what he is going to do at times"? IS that Jose's fault or perhaps that we are not thinking on the same level as him? Do certain players lack the necessary belief in themselves, their own abilities, that he clearly possesses?

I cant answer that. Perhaps were looking into things too deeply.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Im in no way comparing the quality of the goals, just pointing out that perhaps his celebration, or lack of one, may not be quite what people are making it out to be.
Well we don't know why he didn't celebrate, but I don't think it was for the same reason Eric didn't, that's all.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Well we don't know why he didn't celebrate, but I don't think it was for the same reason Eric didn't, that's all.

Your probably right. I guess we'll never know

Im still picturing the Cantona "non celebration" now. Just turned slowly around and looked into the crowd from the middle of the pitch....Brilliant

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Your probably right. I guess we'll never know
We need someone to ask him.

I hope he's happy. He seems to have worked hard to get into the starting line-up, and he's now been chosen to start so he should be happy. I can't imagine the team aren't supporting him, as he doesn't appear to be lazy or selfish.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

I hope he's happy. He's seems to have worked hard to get into the starting line-up, and he's now been chosen to start so he should be happy. I can't imagine the team aren't supporting him, as he doesn't appear to be lazy or selfish.

You'll be disappointed with that.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

I hope he's happy. He seems to have worked hard to get into the starting line-up, and he's now been chosen to start so he should be happy. I can't imagine the team aren't supporting him, as he doesn't appear to be lazy or selfish.

exactly why I questioned some fans views as to his non celebration. only had 1 chance to see it, but it was right in front of me. will look again and see if I can decifer anything. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here