Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jose Izquierdo

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We missed the ball over the top to him on several occasions. Poor touch and control but blistering pace & unpredictable. A good buy imo, given today’s silly money for transfers.

Chijeff

Jan 23, 2017
This with Knobs on! Real threat in the first half. Would liked to have seen him stay with Solly replacing knocky, who looked spent. Don't think you can knock Hughton though, I thought putting on our Spaghetti western replacement for Knocky was a good move as he can defend and looks good going forward.

Agreed. We should have used him more in the half. Had the beating of the Stoke player marking him every time.
Think around the 60-65 minute mark he was shot, that's why C H pulled him off.

D

Deleted member 2719

We missed the ball over the top to him on several occasions. Poor touch and control but blistering pace & unpredictable. A good buy imo, given today’s silly money for transfers.

He runs so fast and turns players inside out on Fifa 18.

He is the man.:clap:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
And in his own words, Frustrating.

[tweet]932931477020512256[/tweet]

Maybe he thought we should be beating teams like Stoke not scraping for a draw? Or does someone in our PR team run his Twitter for him?

Some footballers are sent a message to copy & paste on to twitter.

How do we know this for a fact? Step forward Victor Anichebe

Screen_Shot_2016-10-23_at_14.38.02_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqzRytHSQbJOZN5HN52J50Yj3H3UgYFAqu431LH4AExEc.png

electronicmaji

Nov 21, 2017
Funny thing is he's always retweeting posts on twitter about Colombian youth prospects on his twitter. It's probably definitely not handled by anyone else. That's very uncharacteristic for a players twitter feed - featuring and going on about other players at other clubs with no relation to their own.

The team he came from in Colombia just got relegated on Sunday too. May be why he was in a bad mood.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Watching his videos, Jose clearly is right foot dominant, but/and... he has skill, speed, balance, some strength to hold off defenders, and some trickery [ok, I did only notice one left footed cross]. I think the lad just needs his confidence up a notch, then he will deliver some great goals and assists. In Brugges he was used to being their stand-out attacker and clearly the defenders were not as strong in that league. He'll have a harder time in the Premier league, but he can still deliver.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
There is an Argus article saying he was frustrated with how he'd played and that he'd wasted a couple of other good chances, that's why he didn't celebrate the goal. Good to see some honesty from a player, very refreshing.

Some footballers are sent a message to copy & paste on to twitter.

How do we know this for a fact? Step forward Victor Anichebe

Screen_Shot_2016-10-23_at_14.38.02_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqzRytHSQbJOZN5HN52J50Yj3H3UgYFAqu431LH4AExEc.png

I'm fairly certain in this case Anichebe meant to send that message to whoever runs his twitter account, but rather than sending a DM, he accidentally tweeted it. It does beg the question though, if you are logged into twitter why go to the effort of getting someone else to post instead of just doing it yourself? Or is that deemed to be below most footballers these days to be seen doing their own tweets?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
There is an Argus article saying he was frustrated with how he'd played and that he'd wasted a couple of other good chances, that's why he didn't celebrate the goal. Good to see some honesty from a player, very refreshing.

I'm fairly certain in this case Anichebe meant to send that message to whoever runs his twitter account, but rather than sending a DM, he accidentally tweeted it. It does beg the question though, if you are logged into twitter why go to the effort of getting someone else to post instead of just doing it yourself? Or is that deemed to be below most footballers these days to be seen doing their own tweets?
Most footballers are illiterate.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It surprises me that w do not aim to put the ball over the full back into the space to the corner flag for him to chase after as no doubt he would leave most full backs and they would probably pull him down.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There is an Argus article saying he was frustrated with how he'd played and that he'd wasted a couple of other good chances, that's why he didn't celebrate the goal.
Interesting, wonder if that's accurate.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's my second favourite Jose in the world, only beaten by this chap:

[yt]61spAt92APc[/yt]

That said, if he scores the winner against the NigeIs, I'm prepared to modify that assessment.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I have never seen a winger given so much space as he was on Monday. Bet it never happens again and he is right if he feels he didnt make the most of it. Knockhaert had a crap game but if he had those chances think he would have done better

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here