Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mark Hughes

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I wonder what his comments will be when the 3rd best player in the world wins a penalty on Saturday and replays show zero contact.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thought “the ref did well” and “Murray splayed his legs and it wasn’t a penalty”.
Splayed his legs? Shawcross went to ground and cut across Murray, and missed the ball. Even he admitted it should have been a penalty. The ref just guessed that Shawcross got the ball, like he guessed that the ball went out.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Mark Hughes is one of, if not THE most biased manager in post-match interviews. Every single time they lose it's the officials fault or something controversial has stopped them winning. Even when they get spanked he sights some tiny decision in the lead up to one of the goals, citing it as a turning point. No matter how inconsequential.

Brighton didn't threaten us, so disappointed to come away with only a point. Referee was good blah blah blah. Yeah because YOU got away with a blatant penalty being turned down and time wasting from the 47th minute you ****.

He makes me so glad we've got Hughton who is supremely honest whilst at the same time being media savvy. He never has a go at the refs, never has a go at the opposition. Hughes does both at every opportunity.

I ****ing hate Mark ****ing Hughes.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Last nights post match interview was the first time I think I've seen Hughton properly criticise the officials in a match over a decision. There is no way that the linesman couldn't have seen that and should've made the decision, but we have to move on and take heart in the fact that this squad battles hard and came back twice.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Mark Hughes was a joey Barton of his day when playing and nothing has changed since he has been a manager.:wanker:

I think everything has changed. He used to have a real presence , be a bit of a dark soul with a nasty niggle. Hughes was a colossal on the pitch and had massive presence.

I'd say he is an absolute shadow of this man and looks like a lost school boy these days.

** I did see an interview once about his time in Barca with Linekar and apparently he really didn't adapt , didn't try the language or culture , was all a bit wet behind the ears , when I saw this the way he is now sort of all added up **

He was just a different beast on the pitch I guess

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Nasty piece of work as a player, graceless manager.

Just disappointed there was no handshake incident with him last night - I love it when he gets so worked up by it!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Last nights post match interview was the first time I think I've seen Hughton properly criticise the officials in a match over a decision. There is no way that the linesman couldn't have seen that and should've made the decision, but we have to move on and take heart in the fact that this squad battles hard and came back twice.

He did so for the Stephens sending off aswell, and stood by it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Made me smile when Hughes went to great lengths, upon his appointment as Stoke boss, that his team weren't going to play the same hoof ball like tactics that his predecessors had employed. Now in his fifth season as manager, on last night's showing nothing much has changed. They are still a team of giants employing neanderthal like long ball tactics and relying largely on the set piece to score their goals.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Made me smile when Hughes went to great lengths, upon his appointment as Stoke boss, that his team weren't going to play the same hoof ball like tactics that his predecessors had employed. Now in his fifth season as manager, on last night's showing nothing much has changed. They are still a team of giants employing neanderthal like long ball tactics and relying largely on the set piece to score their goals.

Credit where it is due they do not now use a Rory Delap long throw. On last nights showing that appears the only difference from those days

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
This is from a true Potter friend, sent in a post match post mortem:

We weren’t dirty in the slightest and the only time wasting I could see was from our hapless keeper.....

I’ve always thought Hughes a charmless c*nt and losing patience with him as a manager and his lack of verve. F**k me to be so negative against you lot, no disrespeck.....obvs, but after ten f*****g years in this league and a pretty strong squad I expect a bit more."

He's a Potter, so I let that last bit go.

Stumpy Tim

Hughes is a tw*t, but anyone claiming Stoke are a long ball team are either bitter or weren't at the game last night. Yes, they're a big team, but last night was an entertaining match because they played open and attractive football. Ridiculous to state otherwise

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Most likely trying to convince himself he is doing a good job and isn't next in line for the chop. I have so little respect for the man that I can't be bothered to look up his record as a manager. Has he done anything of note?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Stoke are not a long ball side anymore but if they had a player who was good at taking set pieces, they would be absolutely lethal and score a lot more with Shawcross, Zouma, Wimmer, Crouch, Diouf, and Choupo-Moting to aim for, they are massive! Luckily Fletcher's delivery was generally terrible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here