Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anthony Knackered?

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Is everything OK with the wee man? Seemed off the pace last night and didn't go past anyone as far as I recall. Seemed more interested in haranguing the lino. It's not quite clicking for him this season, is it?

Last edited:

scooter1

How soon is now?
He's not playing with the confidence of last season, and maybe the fact that he's playing against better defenders has reigned him in a little. In the first half last night Jose had more space than you can shake shitty stick at, but AK was closed down quickly and has obviously been marked as a player to subdue

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
agree.

Think the title is misleading - Knackered (as in tired)? Cannot possibly be the case.

Not been effective at all in recent week and needs to be dropped to the bench. solly wide right, IZ left - job done

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
agree.

Think the title is misleading - Knackered (as in tired)? Cannot possibly be the case.

Not been effective at all in recent week and needs to be dropped to the bench. solly wide right, IZ left - job done

I would have subbed him with 20 minutes to go last night and brought on Solly , rather than take Izzy off.

We have a deep squad now so must use it.

TNBA

TTF

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I would have subbed him with 20 minutes to go last night and brought on Solly , rather than take Izzy off.

TNBA

TTF

I think this gets back to the timing of CH's subs. He never really goes any earlier than 65-70 minutes and I can't quite understand why he does that, especially when it's clear the side needs some energy...

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

TNBA

TTF

Absolutely.

Were not getting much offensively from Knocky in recent weeks. talented lad, but we need both wingers to be at it, if we play 1 up top imo.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I think this gets back to the timing of CH's subs. He never really goes any earlier than 65-70 minutes and I can't quite understand why he does that, especially when it's clear the side needs some energy...

was saying the same thing. some managers just don't make subs until they hit the exact minute mark on the clock. Baffling.. (That doesn't mean I don't think he's doing a cracking job, which he is ;))

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
15 mins into the 2nd half he looked too tired to track back and cover Bruno, first time I've really seen this as he usually runs all day long, particularly for his defensive duties.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Better defenders and so far they have got the better of him.

Being found out at this level and hasn’t the pace/ability/confidence to beat his man. Last season was up against full backs who made up the numbers.

I fear for us against zaha next week.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
He was clearly a marked man last man night. Often two on him and obviously higher quality defenders than last season. We were clearly trying to attack them more through the middle rather than through crosses out wide so perhaps he saw less of the ball?

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003

Mostly - although he was just about to put Solly on for Izzy when he scored last night (55mins or so).

I think Hughton likes Knocks in defence as well as attack. The number of opposition attacks he chases and slows down is incredible - without Baldock in the side, we need someone who can do that effectively.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
The pitch looked very heavy (on the tv at least) last night, really empties the legs if those were the conditions. Perhaps this made a difference?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here