Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] What a lovely bunch of people fox hunters are........

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Put aside the rights or wrongs of fox hunting, what an utterly ridiculous thing to do (grabbing the reins) to somebody riding a horse. If someone did that to me on my horse they would get a verbal audible warning (as the rider can be heard doing in this video) and upon failing to release the reins they would receive the full force of whatever i had available to me for self defence, whether that be fist, foot or whip.

When deciding to use force in self defense it needs to be proportionate to the threat. In this case the threat is that the jockey could become unseated and suffer serious injury from a fall or trampling, possible assault once on the ground and there is also the risk of damage a loose and scared horse can do. The force used is a short whip, unlikey to cause serious injury, broken bones etc, evidenced by the article which states 17 strikes caused just a bruise. If 17 strikes were required to get the aggressor to release the reins then so be it. In my opinion the force used by the rider is proportionate to the threat.

The hunt itself said it did not condone the level of violence she used.....

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Why do hunt saboteurs cover their faces like criminals?

the woman in the video does not have her face covered and the young guy who is shouting at her knows who she is as does the man in the Landrover who is a hunt supporter saying it should not have happened...

where sabs are from local areas they have been subject to abuse, attack from hunt supporters

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ummmmmm where did I say I’d beaten up hunt sabs ?
But in this instance if I was walking down a road and a group of cyclists came towards me and I decided to wrestle his handlebars from him, would I be in the wrong......very much so !
Now let me be clear I don’t condone breaking any laws and I certainly don’t condone hunting, but I’ve foot followed the Kent & Surrey Bloodhounds for many years and you still get Sabs tuning up and causing trouble, spitting at women and children obstructing the Hunt and trying to lure the hounds........and remember this is Bloodhounds they don’t hunt....they don’t kill.......they follow a scent, how thick are the Sabs turning up to that ?
If you think grown men and women spitting at kids is acceptable then I question what type of person you are ?
So climb down of that high horse of yours

Of course if you think that huntspeople beating up women - and yes, it does happen - is acceptable, carry on.

I doubt anyone would take a 'high horse' morality lecture from a hunt follower, much less from someone who only sees the 'class war' as coming from one side.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
No, ive watched it 3 times now. She will be prosecuted, and rightly so. She used her horse as a weapon more than once, then tried riding down one of the protestors. Another protester grabbed the reins to stop her, then she had her hissy fit. Find it bizarre people defend it tbh whatever your views on hunting or whatever it is they are doing.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Of course if you think that huntspeople beating up women - and yes, it does happen - is acceptable, carry on.

I doubt anyone would take a 'high horse' morality lecture from a hunt follower, much less from someone who only sees the 'class war' as coming from one side.
Please tell me you know the difference fox hunting and Bloodhounds, the term hunt is very loose in respect of the word hunt, and don’t get me wrong I’m sure the class war works both ways, but the main point is the “Toffs” aren’t actively out there looking for a fight, where I’m afraid some (not all) antis are.
It’s the same rent a mob that you see at pretty much every demo going !
Now I simply must dash.........Tally Ho old chap ! (Tongue in cheek Al.....I’m a working class mechanic !)

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
so you are saying they are Bloodhounds in the video?
No I’m pointing out an earlier post where you said the Sabs purposely target hunts they illegally hunt.........and I’m saying that I’ve seen the idiots turn up to a Bloodhound meet on several occasions, even the village idiot knows bloodhounds don’t hunt, and surely it must be obvious when they see a couple of chaps dressed in Lycra setting out across the fields before the hounds ?

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
really , if he were a coward he would not have stuck up for what he believes in and taken 17 hits with a whip. the cowards are the ones using a a big horse to intimidate people on foot.
To be fair some people pay a lot of money to be whipped by a lass in breeches.....he should be thankful he got a freebie.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Saboteur here is an absolute arse. Deserved what he got. On fox hunting, awful thing, hope it never comes back.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Saboteur here is an absolute arse. Deserved what he got. On fox hunting, awful thing, hope it never comes back.

it has not gone away hence the saboteurs.....not sure of the rights and wrongs of this incident but there is a lot of evidence of horses being ridden at people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here