Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] What a lovely bunch of people fox hunters are........

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
What planet are you on, they go out to hunt foxes i.e. chase them mob handed until the fox is exhausted and when their dogs catch the fox they rip it to pieces , often that is not quick. To prepare the dogs they go in for a practise called 'cubbing' whereby they did fox cubs out and throw them into the dogs in the kennels. This is a barbaric practise which gives pleasure to people REALLY.

There is no evidence to say this hunt had dogs.

From the Argus

A spokesperson for the South East Sabs group said: “It was assault. She assaulted the sabs, using her horse as a weapon and then beat the sab 17 times with her whip.

“We are hoping that this assault was so unprovoked and overt that she will be prosecuted.”

The Brighton saboteur who called 999 during the incident, added: “This was a brutal attack.

“The man who was hit luckily wasn’t injured too badly.

“He has a nasty welt on his arm but his cap protected his head.

“When the police arrived they interviewed the huntswoman before speaking to us about the allegation against them, so they should have her her details.

“She claimed we charged at them, which you can see from the video isn’t true.”

Brighton Hunt Saboteurs said they attended the meeting to make sure no illegal hunting took place.

A spokeswoman for the East Sussex and Romney Marsh Hunt said they “do not condone any form of violence even when faced with extreme provocation, personal harassment and other offences.

“The hunt acts lawfully within the confines of the Hunting Act 2004 and takes every measure to ensure the law is adhered to.”

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I don't like fox hunting, to be clear. But, have you ever ridden a horse? Do you know what can happen to a horse when pulled in this way? If you decide to disrupt fox hunting you are going to use many means to do so, some can be ignored and some may attract some direct action, this is the latter,

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Let's be clear
This is a legal drag hunt not the banned fox hunting so nothing illegal is going on.
If I was hazarding a guess both parties are likely to be at fault somewhere.
So called "sabs" with their faces covered spoiling for a fight grabbing a horse in a dangerous manner have no real sympathy from me and he's lucky the horse hasn't kicked him and anyone who has ridden a horse in general knows what he did was dangerous by grabbing it there. She prob had every right to hit him although 17 times maybe excessive unless he is still holding onto the horse.
The hunts people should never of bothered to confront them though and just carried on with their business. If they had this would not of happened. They have bitten and this is what the Sabs want so they can film the incident and complain to police how brutal the hunts people are.
More of a left v right thing and rest assured I don't believe either party is looking out for the best interests of the animals

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
A. They’re drag hunting not fox hunting
B. If he’d grabbed my horse like that I’d have kicked **** out of him too.
C. You really think the Anti’s there looking out for Mr Fox, in my experience animals rights aren’t high on their agenda, much more of a class war with the snobs !

And you haven't stopped to consider it might also be the same the other way around? No, of course you haven't.

What experience is that, by the way? Where did your level of expertise come in that you have of beating up hunt saboteurs, have the police and security services follow them and so on? Would love to hear - first-hand - of all your experiences.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Let's be clear
This is a legal drag hunt not the banned fox hunting so nothing illegal is going on.
So called "sabs" with their faces covered spoiling for a fight grabbing a horse in a dangerous manner have no real sympathy from me and he's lucky the horse hasn't kicked him and anyone who has ridden a horse in general knows what he did was dangerous by grabbing it there. She prob had every right to hit him although 17 times maybe excessive unless he is still holding onto the horse.
The hunts people should never of bothered to confront them though and just carried on with their business. If they had this would not of happened. They have bitten and this is what the Sabs want so they can film the incident and complain to police how brutal the hunts people are.
More of a left v right thing and rest assured I don't believe either party is looking out for the best interests of the animals

Fair enough with most of those comments - except for the last one, which is utter twaddle.

Plenty of 'right-wingers' - especially in the House of Commons - are anti-fox hunting, and against cruel sports.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If he'd let go of the horse after being hit the first time he would've only been hit once instead of 17 times. The tosser got everything he deserved there, the rider is acting in self defense.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Ive just watched the video. The woman is using the horse as a weapon against one of the sabs. Another came and grabbed the rein. Its assault and should be prosecuted.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Ive just watched the video. The woman is using the horse as a weapon against one of the sabs.
It seems a bit inconclusive on that front to me, despicable as I find fox hunting (which apparently wasn't taking place anyway).

Also 'Sussex Police is appealing for witnesses'?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
There is no evidence to say this hunt had dogs.

From the Argus

A spokesperson for the South East Sabs group said: “It was assault. She assaulted the sabs, using her horse as a weapon and then beat the sab 17 times with her whip.

“We are hoping that this assault was so unprovoked and overt that she will be prosecuted.”

The Brighton saboteur who called 999 during the incident, added: “This was a brutal attack.

“The man who was hit luckily wasn’t injured too badly.

“He has a nasty welt on his arm but his cap protected his head.

“When the police arrived they interviewed the huntswoman before speaking to us about the allegation against them, so they should have her her details.

“She claimed we charged at them, which you can see from the video isn’t true.”

Brighton Hunt Saboteurs said they attended the meeting to make sure no illegal hunting took place.

A spokeswoman for the East Sussex and Romney Marsh Hunt said they “do not condone any form of violence even when faced with extreme provocation, personal harassment and other offences.

“The hunt acts lawfully within the confines of the Hunting Act 2004 and takes every measure to ensure the law is adhered to.”

The saboteurs target hunts where they know there have been illegal hunting activities... some are possibly genuine mistakes on part of the hunt but others are definitely planned activity and a lot of these hunts that clearly do continue fox hunting go a longway to protect that. There are obviously two sides to teh coin and things are not black and white but if you look at the video link why do what you do if you have nothing to hide???

https://www.facebook.com/WestMidsHuntSabs/videos/1225467607598311/?hc_ref=ARS2fqEa07Y4aCKOTxtRWXkDv7wZWVtleJHZvYvJojYsQ6koC1qAsV-dt1h82cle_SQ

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Let's be clear

nothing to do with left or right unless you are saying right wing people are happy with ripping animals apart for pleasure and left wing people aren't. i believe the hunt has tried to distance itself from the woman by saying it does not condone this type of violence even under provocation.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Love the first caption

"It shows shows a woman repeatedly hitting a man with a riding crop"

Playing devils advocate It could have easily have been "man refuses to let go on woman's reigns, endangering both their lives"

I mean in fairness one would be frightened if you were surrounded by people dressed in dark clothing and masked up, and you thought they may try and pull you from your horse etc.

Not that I agree with fox hunting, just it is not always black and white, right and wrong., and we have only seen part of a film they decided to show, was there further or previous provocation etc, etc.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
And you haven't stopped to consider it might also be the same the other way around? No, of course you haven't.

What experience is that, by the way? Where did your level of expertise come in that you have of beating up hunt saboteurs, have the police and security services follow them and so on? Would love to hear - first-hand - of all your experiences.

Ummmmmm where did I say I’d beaten up hunt sabs ?
But in this instance if I was walking down a road and a group of cyclists came towards me and I decided to wrestle his handlebars from him, would I be in the wrong......very much so !
Now let me be clear I don’t condone breaking any laws and I certainly don’t condone hunting, but I’ve foot followed the Kent & Surrey Bloodhounds for many years and you still get Sabs tuning up and causing trouble, spitting at women and children obstructing the Hunt and trying to lure the hounds........and remember this is Bloodhounds they don’t hunt....they don’t kill.......they follow a scent, how thick are the Sabs turning up to that ?
If you think grown men and women spitting at kids is acceptable then I question what type of person you are ?
So climb down of that high horse of yours

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
The saboteurs target hunts where they know there have been illegal hunting activities... some are possibly genuine mistakes on part of the hunt but others are definitely planned activity and a lot of these hunts that clearly do continue fox hunting go a longway to protect that. There are obviously two sides to teh coin and things are not black and white but if you look at the video link why do what you do if you have nothing to hide???

https://www.facebook.com/WestMidsHuntSabs/videos/1225467607598311/?hc_ref=ARS2fqEa07Y4aCKOTxtRWXkDv7wZWVtleJHZvYvJojYsQ6koC1qAsV-dt1h82cle_SQ
so tell me why Bloodhounds have viscous antis turn up causing trouble ?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Love that vid. Illustrates what an utter bunch of ****ing bellends both sides are.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Why do hunt saboteurs cover their faces like criminals?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I usually have to pay good money to be whipped with a crop by a woman in leather boots.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Put aside the rights or wrongs of fox hunting, what an utterly ridiculous thing to do (grabbing the reins) to somebody riding a horse. If someone did that to me on my horse they would get a verbal audible warning (as the rider can be heard doing in this video) and upon failing to release the reins they would receive the full force of whatever i had available to me for self defence, whether that be fist, foot or whip.

When deciding to use force in self defense it needs to be proportionate to the threat. In this case the threat is that the jockey could become unseated and suffer serious injury from a fall or trampling, possible assault once on the ground and there is also the risk of damage a loose and scared horse can do. The force used is a short whip, unlikey to cause serious injury, broken bones etc, evidenced by the article which states 17 strikes caused just a bruise. If 17 strikes were required to get the aggressor to release the reins then so be it. In my opinion the force used by the rider is proportionate to the threat.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Put aside the rights or wrongs of fox hunting, what an utterly ridiculous thing to do (grabbing the reins) to somebody riding a horse. If someone did that to me on my horse they would get a verbal audible warning (as the rider can be heard doing in this video) and upon failing to release the reins they would receive the full force of whatever i had available to me for self defence, whether that be fist, foot or whip.

When deciding to use force in self defense it needs to be proportionate to the threat. In this case the threat is that the jockey could become unseated and suffer serious injury from a fall or trampling, possible assault once on the ground and there is also the risk of damage a loose and scared horse can do. The force used is a short whip, unlikey to cause serious injury, broken bones etc, evidenced by the article which states 17 strikes caused just a bruise. If 17 strikes were required to get the aggressor to release the reins then so be it. In my opinion the force used by the rider is proportionate to the threat.

I think you are a keen fox hunter yourself aren't you? so little surprise what side you take.

It's not easy to see, but some claim that she was using the horse as an offensive weapon and the sab was engaged in self defence in trying to protect people from her attack.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here