Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fan expected to be banned for an "obscene gesture" that we've all done many times

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Fan expected to be banned for an "obscene gesture" that we've all done many times

This is getting ridiculous now. We've had fans banned for throwing beer and being guilty by association and now this.

Capture.jpg

I truly despair at the complete lack of proportion clubs now exercise when considering what is behaviour bad enough to warrant a ban and I despise the kind of interfering busybody who pretends to takes offence and makes these vindictive, vexatious complaints. You're killing the game for everyone.

I'm going to be flicking Vs at Old Trafford on Saturday. I've waited for this moment for years. If I get banned for doing so then I'll wear it as a badge of honour.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Couldn't agree more, perhaps wearing the wrong colour jeans is next on the agenda.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To be fair, there will be no one in the north stand vs palace as we were all giving the cheating full back diving Kant the wanker sign!

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
This is getting ridiculous now. We've had fans banned for throwing beer and being guilty by association and now this.

Capture.jpg

I truly despair at the complete lack of proportion clubs now exercise when considering what is behaviour bad enough to warrant a ban and I despise the kind of interfering busybody who pretends to takes offence and makes these vindictive, vexatious complaints. You're killing the game for everyone.

I'm going to be flicking Vs at Old Trafford on Saturday. I've waited for this moment for years. If I get banned for doing so then I'll wear it as a badge of honour.

Just the thought of somebody actually being so offended that they write to the club to complain makes me despair of the human race. I mean, seriously, what kind of sad ******* really has so little going on in their life that they have the time and inclination to do that?

If I got banned from the Amex for a reason like that I would never go to football every again. It would be completely and utterly dead to me. Why can’t the club be brave enough to reply saying “Football is an emotional game and we don’t want to take that out of it. Sometimes people get carried away, and if you are the sort of person that gets offended by this, then we recommend you watch from the family stand.”

If someone is offended from watching on the TV then so ****ing what? They can turn the TV off. I genuinely feel pity for someone who would actually take the time to complain about this. What a sad and pitiful existence they must live in.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I thought the fan was just showing how you shake champagne bottle one handed before popping the cork on the basis that he thought the player was going to win the man of the match award.
Whats to get upset about?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Just the thought of somebody actually being so offended that they write to the club to complain makes me despair of the human race. I mean, seriously, what kind of sad ******* really has so little going on in their life that they have the time and inclination to do that?

If I got banned from the Amex for a reason like that I would never go to football every again. It would be completely and utterly dead to me. Why can’t the club be brave enough to reply saying “Football is an emotional game and we don’t want to take that out of it. Sometimes people get carried away, and if you are the sort of person that gets offended by this, then we recommend you watch from the family stand.”

If someone is offended from watching on the TV then so ****ing what? They can turn the TV off. I genuinely feel pity for someone who would actually take the time to complain about this. What a sad and pitiful existence they must live in.

Saves me typing exactly my thoughts on the issue.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Capture.jpg

Please tell me this is fake news.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Talking of bans I saw someone ejected from the North Stand tonight and from the South close to the away fans - naughty boys all round

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Talking of bans I saw someone ejected from the North Stand tonight and from the South close to the away fans - naughty boys all round

I presume the North Stand one was an away fan in there what with the other fans singing "cheerio" to him as he got carted out.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'd love to be able to say that it was, matey but the Twitter account is a bona fide one for a senior legal adviser for the Football Supporters' Federation. It would appear to be genuine.

https://twitter.com/FSF_FairCop/status/932718440162512896

Absolutely bollox, over reaction and all part of this snowflake, left wing do good, look at my I’m different, look at me I’m different generation. I despair for the future, thank the lord we won’t have live match day cameras on the fans next Tuesday down here....

Both Brighton and Palace would be thrown banning orders left right and centre.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Ridiculous, they're going to single out some poor sod who probably didn't even realise he was on camera for doing a w*nker gesture? What about the thousands of Brighton fans singing audible expletitives? Are they going to be kicked out too to make way for all the child friendly church sermon tourist fans that the EPL so passionately covets? I guess this would at least allow for BG's family to get their season tickets :wink:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Ridiculous, they're going to single out some poor sod who probably didn't even realise he was on camera for doing a w*nker gesture? What about the thousands of Brighton fans singing audible expletitives? Are they going to be kicked out too to make way for all the child friendly church sermon tourist fans that the EPL so passionately covets? I guess this would at least allow for BG's family to get their season tickets :wink:

I agree with everything you write but just to add that I don't know which club this fan supports and apologies if I've given the impression that it's a Brighton fan.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Maybe it was it Gareth Hunt, recommending a cup of Nescafe?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Absolutely bollox, over reaction and all part of this snowflake, left wing do good, look at my I’m different, look at me I’m different generation. I despair for the future, thank the lord we won’t have live match day cameras on the fans next Tuesday down here....

Both Brighton and Palace would be thrown banning orders left right and centre.

Don't be such a ****. I'm left wing and I was giving the finger to the Stokies tonight. Get your head out of your arse. You Tory Wanker (I use the term advisedly rather than as an oxymoron, which it isn't).

Back to planet Earth, The OP's post is correct. The whiney tit who complained from his sofa is probably the same brain dead moron who reported us a few years ago for chanting 'Sieg Heil!', as heard on the radio commentary. "Seagulls!". It was Seagulls. FFS. :facepalm:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Don't be such a ****. I'm left wing and I was giving the finger to the Stokies tonight. Get your head out of your arse. You Tory Wanker (I use the term advisedly rather than as an oxymoron, which it isn't).

Back to planet Earth, The OP's post is correct. The whiney tit who complained from his sofa is probably the same brain dead moron who reported us a few years ago for chanting 'Sieg Heil!', as heard on the radio commentary. "Seagulls!". It was Seagulls. FFS. :facepalm:

Oi I’m not a fecking Tory !!!

I am a wanker though, so can’t argue about that.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The fan's gesture has been misinterpreted as he just wanted a hot beverage.

It can be clearly seen 15 seconds into this clip.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here