Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fan expected to be banned for an "obscene gesture" that we've all done many times

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This is getting ridiculous now. We've had fans banned for throwing beer and being guilty by association and now this.

Capture.jpg

I truly despair at the complete lack of proportion clubs now exercise when considering what is behaviour bad enough to warrant a ban and I despise the kind of interfering busybody who pretends to takes offence and makes these vindictive, vexatious complaints. You're killing the game for everyone.

I'm going to be flicking Vs at Old Trafford on Saturday. I've waited for this moment for years. If I get banned for doing so then I'll wear it as a badge of honour.

That one is ridiculous but the other fan wasn't just banned for throwing beer and association now was he? He took crack into the Amex. Let's try to stick to the facts.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bad fan and watched the game on tv last night! Based on the above and what I saw there could be up to 30 banning orders this morning including some ladies [emoji23]

Yep the fella not impressed with Stoke's goal celebration might be keeping his head down for a bit.

Naturally we, like every right minded person, just laughed at his anger.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Absolutely bollox, over reaction and all part of this snowflake, left wing do good, look at my I’m different, look at me I’m different generation. I despair for the future, thank the lord we won’t have live match day cameras on the fans next Tuesday down here....

Both Brighton and Palace would be thrown banning orders left right and centre.

I totally agree it is an over-reaction, but fail to see what "left-wing" has got to do with it.

I would have thought it more likely to be the reaction of a blue-rinse old dear from the Tory Shires, or a Mary Whitehouse wannabe.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Completely agree with OP, way over the top and if you set the bar at that level AND are consistent, it will result in thousands of banning orders every season. If anything similar happens at Brighton it would be up to us to defend the individuals and make representations to the club. We"re all enjoying the terrific atmosphere at the Amex this season, let's not undermine it.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Eagle-eyed viewer - no pathetic whinging **** - anybody who watches football on TV will see that happening every single match - I don't care who that supporter is or what club he supports there is no way on earth he should be banned or even spoken to by the club.

I would take Mr/Miss/Mrs Eagle-eyed to a match at Elland Road, although they would die of fright no doubt

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Gonna play devils advocate here, having not seen the incident.

If it was a case of someone just sitting in their seat making a hand gesture, then harsh!

If it was someone riunning down the aisle, snarling face and making gestures and shouting obscenities (as I have witnessed on MOTD), then maybe it's a different result.

Anyone know the facts of the case?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Gonna play devils advocate here, having not seen the incident.

If it was a case of someone just sitting in their seat making a hand gesture, then harsh!

If it was someone riunning down the aisle, snarling face and making gestures and shouting obscenities (as I have witnessed on MOTD), then maybe it's a different result.

Anyone know the facts of the case?

Facts? What on earth have facts got to do with threads on Nsc? :wink:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Oh for the good old days.
Mullers tremendous double V sign at Stamford Bridge.
Who has got a pic?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
If I got banned from the Amex for a reason like that I would never go to football ever again.

Totally with you on this one as this is exactly what I was thinking. I too would never attend a football match as long as I live if I got banned for flicking a V sign or maybe even as evil as lip reading me shouting **** off Palace as is compulsory.

Some people really do need to get a grip. As do some clubs when receiving bollox 'complaints' like this.

This is getting ridiculous now. We've had fans banned for throwing beer and being guilty by association and now this.

Capture.jpg

I truly despair at the complete lack of proportion clubs now exercise when considering what is behaviour bad enough to warrant a ban and I despise the kind of interfering busybody who pretends to takes offence and makes these vindictive, vexatious complaints. You're killing the game for everyone.

I'm going to be flicking Vs at Old Trafford on Saturday. I've waited for this moment for years. If I get banned for doing so then I'll wear it as a badge of honour.

Recall my coming coming home from Derby County at home and my mum wanting to know what a w***er was because Charlie George was one apparently:rolleyes: Missed a great opportunity to ask him personally at the Emirates this year whilst chatting with him:moo:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
So was the guy who got smacked in the north last night stoke or What? Someone heard him saying he's Brighton through and through

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here